1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm curious what is different about it?

My 1973 Kawasaki 175 had oil injection, 83 50cc Honda Spree, 85 Suzuki RG500 Gamma, etc.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I just got some alias stuff. I'll let you know how it is today. Very good prices

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

This may be a case of you already forgotten more than I ever knew about motorcycles. :D
    Beta's oil injection is probably something that you just can't get on a KTM and nothing more. I mix gas on mine and would appreciate it a ton.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Would be really nice, actually, if it's reliable. The only reason I got a four-stroke was fuel availability, otherwise would have gone with a bigger XC-W. A light, street (i)legal two-stroke for trails would be ace.

5. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

dammit. now what. [​IMG]

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Now braaap!

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

The oil injection is probably more sophisticated than the earlier mechanical versions. It's said to give different amounts of oil for different riding conditions. I don't know how much it varies the oil, but it certainly would be convenient.

8. Ride until you can't feel your hands anymore, til your legs are numb and and then keep going.

j cal likes this.
  9. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

don't forget to break your sternum.

10. Yeah. I mean do that or don't. I could go either way on that one. Probably wear a chest protector.

Phl218 and daveknievel like this.
  11. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Yeah, now buy a bunch of gear. It's pretty affordable stuff though compared to road racing.

j cal and Phl218 like this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You need a trail permit and a strong dislike for staying un-sore. I'm busy these next few weekends, but come March, if you care to meet at a trail head somewhere, send me a note. Bring your favorite NSAID and lots of water.

j cal likes this.
  13. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I'll definitely take you up on that [emoji2]

14. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I put my seal of approval on the alias gear. Not as nice as the top of the line fox stuff but it's a 1/3rd of the cost and still really nice.

15. Now you can also join the WERA dirty bike squadron group on FB. Lol. Buncha enabling noobs.

Jed, j cal and Phl218 like this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah. We got lots of good vids on there how to crash properly...

17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Time for some SG12 boots, a good helmet, and brap on. Pick up other gear as you ride more and figure out what matters to you most and see the different styles/models that are out there.

j cal likes this.
  18. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

brought it home, expected to find more things wrong with it. Oil spits out of expansion pipe by head/cylinder , weeping coolant by water pump, leaky fork seals. Small things, but they do add up!

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Dude...you're preaching to the choir. Not counting gear, I probably got about 3.5-4k into mine at this point. GRANTED...I took "the long way" to get here. I originally purchased my first 300, then found an identical one that still had the E start, so I bought it too. Took the best parts from both and put it all on one bike, sold the other. Then came getting the suspension refreshed, new fork springs, etc. Every bearing replaced front to back. New starter setup, etc etc. Buncha little shit. BUT...even at 4k, that's a far cry from the almost 10k price tag the new KTM's carry. And my bike has been refreshed to pretty much new status and I ain't gotta do shit to it for the next 50 hrs or so. And there is a LOT of aftermarket tid-bits I got on the bike that I obtained from when I was doing all my part swapping.

j cal likes this.
  20. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

LETS SEE SOME OF THESE WONDERS .PICTURES YOU KNOW.MY OLD WR JUST KEEPS ONKEEPING ON.NOT A LOT GOES WRONG WITH THE 250 F. THE COSMETIC STUFF STOCK IS S LITTLE FRAGILE, BUT THE MECHANICALS ARE IRON TOUGH.SO ITS NOT PRETTY, JUST ALWAYS STARTS. LOVE THE BUTTON!