1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Just buy it- you don't need anyone here to justify it or talk you out of it. Feeling good about the seller and the bike goes a long way. This is a nice bike.

As far as the suspension- I'm a diehard Factory Connection guy and got my newer bike resprung and serviced by them in the beginning of this season for 1200. Expect to spend that or similar on getting the suspension dialed for your weight and riding.

ducnut, eggfooyoung and SuddenBraking like this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I lobbed a couple of quotes out to dealers in the south who have some leftover 19s and 20s, but I fully expect the OTD price to be in the five figures.

I'm doing my best not to be that guy who comes on here asking for advice and then disregards it out of hand and does what he was going to do anyhow :D

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah deals on new stuff isn't happening these days. Its full retail plus freight and setup unless its a lame-o model nobody wants. Its a sellers market for sure. I feel damn lucky I got my 20 TX300 in early march for a grand off retail. Hell I could probably sell it for more than that with all the crap I bolted on it haha!

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Up in Maine, used machine. Asking $10,700 for a new 2021 350XCF for comparison.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Add-ons and updates simply make the bike easier to sell/more attractive to the next owner. The only things that I see adding value to a used bike are consumables as everything else is subjective. Chain, sprockets, brake pads and rotors are the only things that would increase the price for me, as those are generally accepted "universal" items. Graphics, plastics, tires, tubliss or mousse, Rekluse; those items are personal preference. I HATE when I see an advert that increases the price above retail/KBB (or whatever quoted source) for personalized items. Or the guy trying to recoup the cost of installation on a part.

I still believe that the FE250 is a value at $7,000. I bought my 2016 Beta 430 (52 hours, 600 miles) for $6,200, and that was a steal before the COVID induced buying spree. There is a solid 10%-15% premium on everything right now due to availability.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

No sir. My price out the door was under 9 grand if I’m not mistaken. I have less than that for my 300xc.
    Either way, as others said if you really like the 17 and feel good about it, buy it.
    It does seem like a nice bike. I would be a little concerned about the low miles and hours though and all the stuff he’s done to it. Never had a lot of faith in the guys that buy a bike, pimp it out and never ride it myself. :D:D

10. SuddenBraking

It's $13K OTD for a 2021 near me.

upload_2020-10-20_11-58-30.png

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

the FE350 here at my dealer were all above 12 grand out the door..

i happily paid 7 for a 900 mile 2016 one with öhlins, new tires, 2 extra sets of new tires and a couple of other parts.
    almost flew to Texas to go get it, but ended up meeting the guy in WV.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Knowing the shit that I do to my bikes like chucking them down rocky draws, flipping them end over end, etc. there's no way I would buy a used dirt bike :D

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Yeah- I've got "only" 45 hours on my new bike, all single track. I'd rather buy anything street ridden for a few thousand miles than any of this "low" hours of absolute abuse.

Knotcher likes this.
  14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

that, and they ALL, have STORIES. never down but, no title but, lien on title but, selling for a friend, etc... if it sounds too good to be true IT IS! Ski

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

seller was upfront about it. said wat kind of abuse it went through, what has been done to it and what's coming up for it. i had no illusions of buying a "never abused" bike ... surely there were 8-9k bikes with "mostly street miles" on them but either gone the day i called or something else was off.

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Funny this thread just popped up.
    My son has officially outgrown his CRF 150F so it needs to go. I'm gonna list it but figured I'd ask if anyone wants a cheap, reliable bike.

Can deliver to GNF.

17. SuddenBraking

The plot thickens. This bike is local to me, same year, is a 350, and has the accessories that you gents seem to think matter. Not sure on mileage/hours or other stuff - waiting to hear back from him.

upload_2020-10-20_15-39-7.png

turner38 likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

offer him 6 and be ready to pay 7.5

that's on the low end.

pscook and turner38 like this.
  19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on how you ride. If you’re the whack it wide open guy, get the 250. If you are the guy that only turns the throttle as much as you need to, get the 350. LOL
    I much prefer the 350’s. The 250f’s just don’t have enough grunt to suit me and you have to ride them too aggressively even when going slow.
    If I was gonna buy a four stroke it would be a 350.

masshole and pscook like this.
  20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I would ditch the auto-clutch and go from tubliss to foams, but that's me.

For reference, my enduro bikes are a 19 Sherco 300 Factory 4T and a Beta 300 2t Race Edition. The beta has the rekluse, but it's going to be modified to just be a big stack of rekluse torq drive plates.