1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

t500racer likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Never realised 18" front knobbies are almost non-existant. All im finding are a couple of not really knobby dot/trial tires. Anybody know where I can find a decent 90/18" front? Its for an RT100.......yeah hold back the chuckles:D

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I have a brand new 2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI 6 Days that I will be listing for sale if anyone is interested.

I am building a new house so toys have to go. Someone is going to get a smoking deal on this....

Bike is brand new and all parts installed are brand new.

PA Street Title
    BRP Scotts Rubber Mounted Sub Mount Damper
    BRP Chain Guide
    Hyde Racing Skid Plate
    Pro Moto Billet Kickstand
    Fastway EVO Ext Foot pegs
    Highway Dirtbikes Hand Guards with KTM open end grips
    Bullet Proof Designs Rad Guards
    Bullet Proof Designs Front Disk Guard
    Bullet Proof Designs Rear Disk Guard
    Bullet Proof Designs Chin Guide Guard
    Slavens Racing TPS Guard
    KTM PowerParts LED Headlight
    KTM PowerParts Fan Kit
    KTM PowerParts FMF Fatty Pipe
    KTM PowerParts FMF Turbinecore 2.1 Silencer
    KTM PowerParts Exhaust Flange Guard
    KTM PowerParts Oil Fill Plug
    KTM PowerParts Exhaust Control Cover

If anyone is interested hit me up at 724-650-3232
    (I will get updated pictures with everything installed)

Attached Files:

renegade17 and XFBO like this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sweet ride! Wish I was in the market for a new one, also wish my off-road abilities warranted one...:D Consider this a free bump! GLWYS!

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

careful guys.. hate to see this thread slide on down the slope into a classifieds. First some bikes, then suddenly bike parts, then kitchen sinks? easy way to fuk up a good thread. Can't see harm in saying "hey , i have a good dirt bike for sale", but just put a link to the "bikes for sale" page, and post the bike with photos, details, etc. there.

pscook likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hey Killjoy.....don't fuck up a good kitchen sink thread. :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Anybody ever been to this place?

Moto supreme
    5512-5748 N County Rd 980 W, Norman, IN 47264
    https://goo.gl/maps/4SnNYrZC6USqMTQW6

thinking about going tomorrow with 1 other guy. I know that’s a great area for mountain bikes so maybe there is some good single track around there? @eggfooyoung you ever heard of this place?

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Heard of it, but I've never been.

Have fun, be safe!

9. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Been riding a 2015 KX250f for the last three years. It’s good for about half of the places I’ve been riding, but not so good for trail riding, single track, and woods. Put down a deposit today on a leftover 2019 KTM 250 XC which should be able to handle everything. I’m pretty excited I must say. This will be my first 2-stroke in over 30 years.

10. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Congratulations! I did something similar getting a TE300i for my first non-trials 2T in decades. TPI bikes are very impressive. Pulls clean from idle to the top and I can lug mine down without a single hiccup. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

MotoGP69 likes this.
  11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the wife and i have been riding at least once a week since the first week of april. i need to start dieting and upping my cardio. at 53 i am gassed after a few minutes of hard paced woods riding. best training is being on the bike though. nice to have a live in riding partner too. :D Ski

lincoln hills.jpg
    lincoln hills3.jpg
    lincoln5720.jpg
    lincoln hills1.jpg
    lincoln hills6.jpg
    single track.jpg

Dom17, 5axis, masshole and 4 others like this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

In the second photo, is that the bridge on the north end of Lincoln Hills?

13. skidooboy

yep! love us some lincoln hills... caberfae north and south of m55... not so much. too many downed trees, no flow.

damn side by sides were crossing lincoln bridge over the pine, there. smh Ski

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I only discovered that trail at the end of last season. The whole northern section of LH is pretty fun, what with the rolling hills and such.

I parked on the MCCCT-side of that bridge a couple of times without issue as I wanted to work north from there. Any problems parking there or do you have another spot? I’m trying to make my way up to the Caberfe parking lot, but keep running out of time. The downed trees were a bit of problem last year too. Some you can move, most required a chain saw.

15. skidooboy

it is really easier to park at m55/caberfae trail head and then ride out from there, if you want to ride north or south of m55. the downed trees are bad from the bridge to m55, then m55 to boon or so. it is really tight, and almost zero flow. it is like a trials course almost. i personally like a bit faster flowing single track.

with the restrictions now, the dnr is not allowed to maintain any of the trails at this time. most of that land around these two areas is national forest property. after the windstorms last summer it appears the forest service decided it was easier to close some of the roads, rather than trim and re-open them back up. because the mcct trail is maintained by volunteers it is slow going for clean up. there are re-routes around the downed trees but, it is not ideal, or clean by any means.

i would really like to run the entire mcct trail system in 5-6 days or so.... this is one of the areas i am not looking forward to riding. lincoln bridge to fife lake area will be a long day.

we park in a field (forest land so, it is legal, and safe) on foreman road just south of 10 mile road, east of m37. the cycle trail goes through the south end of the field. you can ride clockwise, or counter clockwise around the lincoln hills cycle trail from there. ski

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

A buddy bought a new Promaster van over the winter and has this set up in the back for two bikes.

20200223_111124_resized.jpg

20200223_112311_resized.jpg

20200223_112257_resized.jpg

That on the left is one of my bikes and the handlebar is touching/ leaning on the wall in the photo. When the bikes are tied down and spaced evenly there's about 2 inches between the bars in the middle and about the same on the outside.

The trails I ride will reopen in about two weeks and I can't wait to get out there.

TurboBlew and Sabre699 like this.
  17. skidooboy

what tie down bar is that? i see the decal but, i was looking more for the model and where you/he got it? nice set up! Ski

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

He got it directly from boltiton.com
    I think his is vehicle specific for that van. That whole thing is in and out in literally 2 minutes.

19. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with a KTM 250 xcf-w? I’ve been looking to grab a dual sport for awhile and a 2013 250 just popped up for sale. Hours are low, it looks pretty clean and the guy is asking $4500. I’m not well versed in the dual sport world, but I was originally looking for something like a drz, wr, exc etc. My riding will consist of mostly tight/rocky trails with some fire/back roads thrown in. Any info would be appreciated.

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

65868089-5AF7-430B-9D32-93B1BD1034FD.jpeg I picked up a new dirt scooter just before the coronacation started so I kinda went ape shit putting crap on it and starting to get it really dialed in. Raced it finally last weekend and she’s a ripper! These TPI bikes are hard to beat. Makes my old 2012 250xc seem like a dinosaur.