1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Is that a Yamaha model I’ve yet to hear of?:p

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Yes. It’s the model always in front of the Yamahas ;)

britx303 likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

You should have seen my TTR125 I built 10 years ago. Had every BBR upgrade they make. Full Yosh exhaust then I grafted Suzuki RM85 big wheel suspension to it. Forks, trees, brakes, swingarm and shock. It was amazing.

4. britx303

I was looking over the BBR site and fast50’s site yesterday looking for what we can do with the 125 for her. I can imagine these can get outta hand with overbuilding them:D

5. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

When I rode with my dad back in the day I had a TTR-125 and then a CRF230F after that. I got back into it recently and grabbed an 05 WR250F. I feel it's great in the woods and certainly has enough grunt for me. The comfort level goes up every time I'm on it. The fiance is on a TTR230 this year but I'd REALLY like to see her on a WR next year as well.

britx303 likes this.
  6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I'm going to be selling my 2011 Gas Gas EC300. Lectron carb, House of Horsepower pipe and silencer, RB modified head and other goodies. Rebuilt from the crank up this summer, replated cylinder, only three races since. I've also got enough spares to build another bike and keep them both going for the next several years, gaskets, motors, wheels, plastics, you name it. Let me know if you are interested.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Trade it in for a KLX 140G.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I LOVED my 2011 GG300. What a great bike. Unfortunately it was too much for me and my skill level/riding technique so I dropped down to a Husky WR125 with the WB165 kit. If I was a better rider or had more open space to use the 300 it would have stayed in the stable. What a great and reliable machine, especially with the Lectron. Good luck selling it, whoever gets it will get a great bike.

9. britx303

Sounds expensive..........remember i'm a cheap-ass FZR racer:D

10. britx303

Somebody local-ish to me had a WR recently..........but I dont remember what size it was.......250-450??? It was at a price that had me really thinking..........but im not really plunging on anything else for me until I sell at least 2-3 roadrace bikes first.

11. britx303

Somebody was on one of those saturday. Too small for me:p Ohhhhhh you meant for my daughters ttr125 for that.........she really likes the TTR125 and its legal for a class she races indoor flattrack with...........I "think" the 140 is too big for her age class.

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Not as expensive as you might think...

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

cpettit and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

Well thanks alot! I "WAS" excited to race a hare scramble this weekend on my P.O.S. ttr225 that I spent the last week re-springing to try and make it at least a little bit better..............now I really hate my bike after watching that:confused:............:D

15. Got a good lesson last weekend on making sure my fancy custom guard is put in for my fancy custom made hand/ foot linked rear brake system. Was acrewing around at my buddies farmhouse / estate and doing a bit off trail putting around. Got hung up in a vine, pulled the bike back out of it. Well it also hit the brake like going up to the hand master cyl enough to knock the banjo loose. Needless to say back on trail and hauling balls into a right hander, right foot off the peg, f$ck. No rear brake. Added more pressure to the front but not enough. Arm twisted and impacted the 2nd tree kind of funny. Impacted enough and at such an angle to chip my humerus, the end of my clavicle (no idea how collar bone itself didn’t snap) and nice little rotator cuff tear. In a couple weeks they are going suck out the floating bone and staple the muscle and tendons back If they aren’t healing. I’m still going to ride a bit today. Not taking anything but Tylenol, aleve, etc. ortho prescribed me enough pills to keep a city high but I literally tore it up in front of him and put that in the trash. Those things scare me, rather deal with the pain.

britx303 likes this.
  16. britx303

So far so good on the test run of the ghetto-blaster TTR225 yesterday. I replaced the stock TTR springs with ex500 fork springs and a stock fzr600 shock spring on the TTR shock body. It’s ghetto as all get out but it’s greatly improved the bike all around for jumps etc.:D Unfortunately it’s looking like this hare scramble today doesn’t have as many jumps as the one at Budds Creek which I was actually hoping for at least a few small ones:D

17. I don’t like jumping. Small little ones on some single track maybe but overall not a fan. Most likely because I haven’t learned to do it correctly. I started this whole dirtbike thing way too late in life. Riding in the woods is an absolute blast.

18. Littlehat

Littlehat Well-Known Member

Any insight or advice on the 2010+ crf250r bikes after the fuel injection. I don't ride mx and the bike is going to be used for supermoto and flat track. I have never owned a fuel injected dirt bike yet and want to try it. Anything to watch out for?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19. Quicktoy

Watch out for a crisp and smooth throttle response.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Keep it off the rev-limiter, or topends will be a frequent occurrence.