1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, I think so. We did 199 UP today!

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’ll be at Tin Cup 0800 tomorrow morning, in case you’re into hella late ride planning like me.

3. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Ah man, I haven’t done Tin Cup in years, we used to camp at Carrieville back in the day. Does it still get all whooped out?

4. Resident Plarp

I don’t think there’s an ORV trail south of the bridge that doesn’t get whooped out, though, the further north you go, the smoother the trails. That said, the MCCCT trails are usually in much better condition than anything else since you need a plated bike to ride it.

gpz11 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Good ideas are boring anyways...........get on with the bad ones:beer:

Kurlon likes this.
  6. Resident Plarp

It wasn’t any worse than usual, though today I learned that, if you ride it anti-clockwise, it’s a little easier on the start. Maybe its because everyone starts on east side, going faster and roosting it up as that’s where it’s mostly whooped up.

gpz11 likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A few more from Hatfield McCoy on 199 yesterday. 15715955224202.jpg 15715955222001.jpg 15715955699385.jpg 15715955696714.jpg 15715955696543.jpg 15715955221350.jpg

renegade17 and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

There are a couple of hare scrambles coming up in Virginia over the next month........my daughter and I are planning on going. Anyone here going? @wheelbearing Or @t500racer ?

9. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I'll be at VCHSS Pipsico round this coming weekend.

10. britx303

Ah gotcha. The one we found this coming weekend is some place south of Richmond which is a bit last minute,but we are going to try and make it down. Then there is another November 9-10 in Fredericksburg area. The only off-roading she and I have done so far is budds creek trail and wicomico. Have fun this weekend,looks like it might be a wet one.

11. t500racer

Where south of Richmond? You sure it's not a VCHSS event? This Sunday is in Spring Grove, VA. If it's the same one, you'll have to look me up.

12. britx303

Petersburg Va. It’s a SXCS event.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Kris did you ever get your Motosport cc issues resolved ?

14. t500racer

Yes, I meant to update the thread. I went around with them a few more times with no refunds, then I called my bank, who recommended disputing the charges. I called and spoke to Motosport again and within 24 hours of of threatening to dispute the charges, I had all the funds in my account and $100 store credit.

I did speak to several friendly people at Motosport who seemed to want to help, but they keep blaming all the issues on their software. They did follow up via email with me after the fact to make sure I had all the funds owed, but it should never have taken me getting slightly belligerent to get this taken care of. I will probably burn up the store credit there, but for the time being, I've shifted my business elsewhere.

Banditracer likes this.
  15. britx303

We went to the open trail day yesterday only,and then the 2-up pumpkin relay last night.........this was at Virginia Motorsports Park........behind a big drag course. We decided not to stick around for the hare scrambles today. The pumpkin relay race was about the scariest thing ive ever done on 2 wheels......but tons of fun and Im super proud my 14 year old girl was able to navigate the motocross course with me on the back holding on to the pumpkin and for dear life!!!:eek::D We got 2nd place out of 3 teams for whatever its worth..............but hey, we were on a clapped out ttr225 with a blown stock shock and fork seals that are leaking like niagara falls now:p If I could post a track side video of the pumpkin race,I would:crackup:

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

KTM Factory Demos at Highland Park Resort Cedarville GA on Nov 10 and hope to be there!

17. t500racer

Very cool, sounds like a lot of fun. It poured yesterday morning, which made for a greasy course to start with that got faster as the day went on. I ended up 2nd place in 40B.

britx303 likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I tried getting into it 10 years ago. Bought a 250 xcf KTM with the button. Headed into the Florida woods with the older FTR guys. In 2 mins they were gone and I hit the very tree out there. Setup the suspension differently and took it to the MX track and never went back to the woods lol.

MELK-MAN and britx303 like this.
  19. britx303

The more time I spend in the woods the little bit more comfortable I get and make little improvements..........it’s the motocross aspect that just isn’t working,at least until I get a better bike. The TTR225 is doing “okay” for now while my daughter is learning off-road along with me on her ttr125,which works perfect for her,but it would be nice to have a proper dirty bike next year.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Go KTM if going in the woods.

MELK-MAN likes this.