1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Finally[​IMG]

cpettit, rcmike917, XFBO and 3 others like this.
  2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Rode the CRF230f for the first time at Florida Track and Trails today. It sucked. Sugar sand is a foot deep and this bike ain't made for that. Bike was squirrely as hell. Front end wasn't stable and neither was the rear. It has a rear sand tire on it too. You have to always be on the throttle or it sinks in the sand. I know some of it is me. But even the trail I tried to ride was nothing but deep sand. You need power to ride in this stuff. I didn't have fun. Definitely not a good bike to get back into dirt riding down here. It would be fine up north in real dirt. IMHO you must have at least a 250/300 two stroke or a 450 four stroke MX bike. The trails aren't like up north. They are somewhat wide and nothing but deep, deep sand. Hardly anybody was riding the trails. So it wasn't just me. Plus it's a 2.5 hour drive oneway. So if you want to do just a one day trip. It's 5hours of driving. Sorry for the bitching but I was disappointed in the bike and myself.

3. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Picked myself up another freshie. Pretty pumped!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wheel Bearing and L8RSK8R like this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That one is all done-up, too. Be careful, lest you shoot your eye out, kid.

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Blue Junk just gave me blue-balls. That's a cracker of a bike.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Nah, the Husqvarna is the cracker version.

Knotcher likes this.
  7. Knotcher

Fun fact. Sherco bikes all come with a 220 watt stator.

I'll be putting a huge light on for the next night race. At least 10,000 lumen.

8. Blue Junk

I was pretty bummed they stopped KoM after last year. I was hoping to do it, the night race looks epic. I’m still going to make a helmet kit and do night rides next season.

What other night races are there?

9. Knotcher

Blue Junk likes this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Where'd you get the big wall print of the bike?

11. Blue Junk

I have a friend that owns a large format digital print company that made it.

12. Knotcher

Fathead can do them as well.

13. Knotcher

You want to come out and race with us next year for the SR24?

14. Blue Junk

I could actually really be into that! I’ll look and see when it is and see if there’s a conflict yet.

15. Knotcher

End of October.

16. Blue Junk

Yeah I just saw that. I’d be into that! Road racing is basically over and my schedule should be freed up. I watched a couple videos and it looks like a cool event.

17. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

18. Knotcher

Back on the sauce, old man?

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You always have to be on the gas riding in sand, regardless of the bike you’re on...

XFBO likes this.
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I feel your pain!
    I felt the same way when I joined a few friends down in/near the Pine Barrens in central Jersey a few yrs ago.....I don't know how they enjoy riding in that wishy washy shit....lol. Like the others said, you have to always be on the gas to have any control....it wasn't my cup O tea either.