1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt Bike

Discussion in 'General' started by laz749, Nov 16, 2010.

1. laz749

laz749 Active Member

This is my first post and I would appreciate your opinion.I am a street and track bike rider who is interested in trying some dirt bike riding. I haven't ridden a dirt bike in over 30 years. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2009 Husqvarna WR250-2 stroke(brand new)dirt bike at a very good price. Is this a good choice for my first attempt at dirt biking?

2. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

if you have good dealer support, then yes, the husky is a great 2 smoker.

I would recommend one of the easier to find parts and mods 250F's from one of the big 5...I personally prefer KTM's because you won't need to worry about the chintzy pieces the japanese bikes come with.

250F will also be a bit easier to ride; with out the massive power the 450 will have.

The WR series of 2 strokes are great motors, but if you're not used to riding a 2 stroke, then your learning curve is going to be steeper.

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? All I ever did was race MX, so that's all my opinion is worth.

3. Critter

Critter Registered

I have a great little Yamaha WR250F for sale

2003 Electric start low hours 2,000 bike located in Charlotte. It was my wifes bike and has been lightly ridden by her.

4. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

Get an older CR500 the only part you'll ever need to replace is the back fender. lol

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm looking at the new KTM 350 four stroke. Good balance between 250/450. Although 2-strokes are fun to rip on too.

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

and the plating in your collar bones.