1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between 08 and 09 CBR600RR

Discussion in 'General' started by C.R.Gixxer, Jan 8, 2011.

1. C.R.Gixxer

C.R.Gixxer Well-Known Member

Hello guys,
    I've only owned Suzuki's I found 2 bikes for the right price but pretty much know nothing about Honda's
    Can any one here give me some feed back on the difference's between 08' and 09' CBR600RR strictly track only use.
    and if the 09' comes with abs' will the bike suffer for track use? can we remove this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Chuck

2. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

difference is nothing you'll notice 99.993% same bike

should be posted in the tech section IMO. difference for TRACK use is nothing. theres a slight change in the fork bottoms but nothing a mortal can detect. street theres more emissions killing crap on the 09+ but track, equal power. not sure about disabling the ABS but i know honda's early attempt at sportbike ABS so far has been VERY heavy. not sure if the abs is setup through the ECU or how it works fwiw

+it's hard to fit 09+ track bodywork over case covers and the extra material makes it harder to see where to cut holes for the sliders if so inclined. (run on sentence whatsup?!?)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

mmm, 'bout one year...

4. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

sums it up well cannoli

5. C.R.Gixxer

Thanks a lot guys for the speedy reply's
    Anyone use the 09' abs model on the track?

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

not if you wanna win... :crackup:

I keed, I keed! :D

7. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

The 09-11 600rr's are about 10HP under what the 07-08 models are. An ignition retard controller will fix that issue, or swapping an 09-11 ECU for the 07-08 ECU.

Other than that and bodywork, they're basically 100% the same.

8. C.R.Gixxer

no kidding......
    were not able to have anything manipulate the ecu, but If a just swap it out of an 07-08 plug and play I gain 10hp's?
    Dam....

9. Demented

With the 09-11, yes. It's not like you're really gaining 10HP though, just freeing up what has been electronically retarded to help emissions. It'll just be in line with the 07-08 bike.

Cheaper to just get the 08 model.

10. C.R.Gixxer

How about setting them up?
    I know on the gixxer we needed to shimmy the rear 5mm and rise the front flush to find its sweet spot.
    We cant add aftermarket suspension.
    How about those CBR's?

11. Demented

That's all up to how you ride, your weight, etc, as it would be with any bike.