1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel truck emisson deletes. Whatcha got?

Discussion in 'General' started by 10-15, Jul 20, 2019.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Reading this makes me even happier that I got rid of my diesel. The damn thing would stay in regen for 3 days because my wife was driving it 10min in the city.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Also, who has the best diesel, Ive just been hitting up Sheets.

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It’s all the same. Just get it from high volume stations. That gives the smallest chance of crap in the tanks

ducnut likes this.
  4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I have a 2016 duramax that is stock and will stay that way until 150,000 mile extended warranty is up. May trade at that point or do a delete. I have about 70,000 miles on it and get 14/15 around town and 18-21 on hwy keeping it between 70-90mph. I get 12/13 towing a 26' camper with cruise set at 72mph. This is all based of on board computer. I have never bother to hand calculate with this truck. All of the computers calculated numbers seem to be off by 1-2mph in previous vehicles so I expect the same with current truck. I currently do not use any additives and I try to go with stations I see a lot of trucks at the diesel pumps. I figure they would have cleaner fuel if they are going through more of it. I preform all filter maintenance as recommended by dealer. I don't idle much do make a bunch of short trips during the week. The CP4 thing has me very nervous once my warranty expires.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Who else remembers when there were two choices for diesel at the pumps, C40 and C50?

I get mine at Sheetz. The other close choice is a TA truckstop, where a friend swears his mileage takes a big dump if he fills up there.

6. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Do y'all run a DOT number on the trucks. If so and you are stopped by the DOT officers and they check for deleted altered emissions I believe you could get fined, heavily. I would also check your state emission regs. My state, with the exception, of 4 or 5 counties has no regs on emissions. Just be aware that even if your state has no regs it is still a federal violation in all 50. THANKS C.A.R.B and the EPA. I can't remember the exact USC code but it starts with 42 USC XXXX.

No DOT numbers I would go with the delete and your good to go. Your engine will thank you for it. MPG is just icing on the cake, longevity was the reason I did it. I can't afford 10K worth of emissions BS when it goes bad and at some point it will. I damn sure can't afford a new diesel.

BTW got the truck back yesterday and on a hundred mile round trip (highway). I picked up 3 MPG at 70 MPH in tow mode on the tuner no trailer. Went from 18 mpg to 21. Stock size tires and 3.55 rear gear. Truck runs cooler and just seem more happy. Forgot to mention the truck is a 4x4.

Ducti89 likes this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Commiefornia is the only state I’ve ever heard checks for emissions equipment.

What some are doing is gutting the DPF, blocking lines, and just trying to make stuff look untouched.

8. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Yep. My truck is 2 years old. Had to get a smog check. Literally took less than 3 minutes. Visual inspection under the hood and under the truck, and they plugged into the OBD to look for emissions-related codes. $50.

ducnut likes this.
  9. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I use whatever is convenient (normally Shell in my area), but I use Stanadyne fuel additive every other fill-up or so. Also Stanadyne injector cleaner a couple of times per year.

10. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Well WSP has been hanging round town on Friday & Sat nights pulling over the newish diesels rolling coal. Hearing they are writing huge tickets for illegally modifying diesels. Seen a few of the brodozers pulled over by state boys already earlier this year on the circuit. Hardly any brodozers now cruising the circuit now. Hell I haven't seen many of them at all in the last month. Guess the 17yr olds had to put daddies truck back to stock. :crackup:Even the number of douchbags with stacks in the beds is dwindling.

ducnut and Past Glory like this.
  11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’d love to have a new diesel truck, but every time I read one of these threads I quickly change my mind.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The smile post of the day.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Which “W” state and area?

14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it works in other states, but in Louisiana we have required inspection stickers. There are no emissions requirements for diesel vehicles in this state, so I can take a brand new truck and delete everything, legally. The turbo is considered the muffler so even straight pipes are non-issue.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Drunksconsin

MachineR1, Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, DOT numbers :(

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I hadn’t heard of them cracking down. They seem pretty lenient in most regards, I thought.

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

After driving a VW diesel for five years and going through the worry of the engine or emissions just grenading at random (same Bosch pump fears, same emissions bullshit) I honestly can't understand what some people see in them. Sure, they're nicer than gassers for towing.........but fuck all that worry.

19. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Deleting a diesel vehicle is a federal issue. I know some state police are cracking down on it as well, however if your state doesn’t require emissions then you don’t need to worry about the state. However you still need to worry about the federal side of it. I’ve heard of fines exceeding $20k.

As I said before, run a tow tune and a 4” with a muffler and you won’t have issues. If you aren’t drawing attention to yourself you won’t have issues.

Yup there is a guy around me that does a good job of it, DPF gets pulled and a piece of 5” pounded thru the middle, DOC gets hollowed out, EGR valve connector gutted and put back together to look good. They even pull the dash cluster apart and superglue the DEF needle at 1/4 tank just Incase anyone checks that. Still makes me laugh when I see/hear a newer 379 pete with an ISX 15 crack the Jake and I think to myself, yeah that’s not deleted at all.

ducnut likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s not me, it’s my guys. I had to give one dumb motherfucker a week off with no pay recently because while he took the time to put on the uncomfortable harness before getting into the bucket, he didn’t clip the lanyard into the hook.

r6Chris likes this.