1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Yamaha fire anyone yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I can't imagine there won't be a few moves, unless they are giving everyone a 'Rona pass.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Mu mu mu mu mu my corona!!!!

Knotcher likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

only their factory rider, that Valentino guy, Alex Briggs, and bunch of other mechanics I believe.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

They should have fired people long ago. Been going in the wrong direction for a few years now. I think Lin Jarvis should go. It starts from the top. Start putting fear in the boots of the people there. Next year will be no different with the technology lock out due to Covid. I would still have heads roll...

ShadowBoxer, 418 and YamahaRick like this.
  5. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Odd spot for Yamaha.

Fabio leads the first half of the season, Morbidelli the last half was on fire and Mav was also up there for his usual 2-3 brilliant rounds a season so if you're Yamaha you know the bike can be a winner. The issue as we all know is what goes on between the ears of their riders.

Mav - total head case, either runaway victory or start on the front row and finish 10th.
    Fabio - less so but still not battle hardened.
    Vale - shoulda hung it up 2 years ago as far as actual racing is concerned and not thinking about selling neon apparel or packing in racetracks.
    Frankie - seemingly the best option to actually win a title of the 4 riders. Calm, methodical, talented, and now experienced.

The Factory is thinking the bike is where it needs to be and the riders are thinking the bike is the issue. Team personnel are all top notch, experienced GP lifers as well.

Maybe mechanically a little extra speed to battle in races with the faster Duc's and Honda's but otherwise it's similar to Suzuki - a well rounded package that works okay at all tracks and handles great.

Arioch and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Shit, Morbidelli is like "Nah, Im good with my 2019 bike. You can keep that POS 2020 turd".

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

It’s up to riders to give feedback to engineers and technicians.

Start with Rossi. I guess since he took 10 seconds to fix the Ducati he couldn’t with the Yamaha?

Phl218 likes this.
  8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Could be, but also heard that the Engineers werent listening to Rossi direction. Who knows. Probably combination of both. I also wonder how much of a role the SPEC tire plays with these teams. Just like Toni on the Suzuki with the new Dunlop. You wonder if Yamaha also struggles with the Michelins...

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rossi's troubles began with the intro of the Michelins. So, yeah.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The ones that won 7 races for them this year, or different tires? :D

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

When is that tire contract expiring anyways? Isnt it a 5 year deal? We gotta be close. Imagine if Dunlop actually got the nod. Its funny how some of the track records are still from 2015.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Didn't George win a couple championships on the FatGuy tires?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

2023. I don't think anyone else even bid to become the supplier when 'stones were out

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/10/21/michelin-confirmed-as-motogp-tyre-supplier-until-2023/243350#:~:text=Contract extension confirms the French,premier class from 2019-2023&text=Dorna Sports is delighted to,™ until at least 2023.

14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Dang, wasnt aware they got extension. I thought that 5 years was going to expire next year. I think thats too long for one brand. Need to shake things up more. Should be 5 years max. Let another company improve its technology also.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Don't think other manufacturers really want to do it. Unless Shinko is interested.

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Not another contract. I'd like to see a 3 year window where the only rule is that the machine has to run with only two contact patches on the ground (or fewer) and that it has to be operated by a human. Aero? Nah, adaptive aero with control surfaces. Whatever tire you want, as long as it is available for anyone, with specs delivered a week before the round.

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think you're forgetting how much of a hate boner Robby Bobby has for Rossi.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Why would it be beneficial to fire Jarvis since he has probably zero input when it comes to bike development?

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sh1t flows downhill from the top.

If he had input, he deserves to be fired.

If he didn't have any influence, he should be fired for lack of accepting responsibility for his troops.

evakat and ShadowBoxer like this.
  20. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Yamaha deserves whatever they get (or not)for keeping that tool Lin Jarvis around.

YamahaRick likes this.