1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did NYC get bombed with stupid gas???

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tdub, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Two police officers both failed to hit a 250 pound man at close range? Awesome police work. Somebody needs to take away their assault type weapons to keep the children safe.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They were going home that night, even if innocent bystanders weren't.
    You don't know what it's like to feel forced to act with reckless abandon.

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Its a tough call. Dont shoot and the bad guy does pull a gun, shoots a cop or two and a few bystanders.
    Or shoot and possibly hit (definitely in this case) bystanders.

My only problem is they "thought" he had a gun. Even civilian firearm training requires that you recognize a threat before you eliminate it.

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

The stupid part that I was referring to was the fact that the man being shot at was charged because the cops missed and hit the bystanders...

6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Thats some of the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. The officers and officers alone are responsible for every bullet that comes out of that weapon. Under this theory a person can be charged if an officer is involved in an accident that causes injury on the way to an emergency call if that person was doing something to cause the officers response.

The most screwed up part is to charge the individual with assault for the officers actions when they were wrong! He didnt even have a weapon. Civilians would be charged with reckless discharge and attempted murder in the same situation.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wasn't there a case not too long ago where a guy ran from the cops, cop chasing him wrecked & killed a bystander, the guy being chased was charged with that murder (or manslaughter or homicide or whatever... the point is, the cop killed someone chasing him & he got charged for it. Can't find the case off hand.

Doesn't seem much of a stretch to apply that same 'logic' here.

8. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Yeah, seen those cases before. Im not a fan of those either but I feel the individual in the pursuit plays a more direct role in any accidents that happen. But yes, its no big stretch to apply that logic to this one...if he would of actually had a gun :D

9. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

yes

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

1*

11. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

My brain just imploded. [​IMG]

12. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

There was a case in the news recently where 2 guys were robbing someone, one of the robbers was shot to death and the other was charged with capital murder because he was committing a felony during which someone was killed. I'm pretty sure that's how it went.....

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's pretty common. If you're committing a felony and causes somebody to be killed or injured, you also get a murder or assault charge. The case that comes to mind was a guy on a busa a few years ago that was charged with murder because an FHP trooper was killed in the pursuit.

This case is odd because it was just a misdemeanor disturbance charge, not a felony.