1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did my 2018 taxes last night...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by wood600rr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And you win the dumbest comment of the day, congrats. LOL

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Who loves ya., Blart?

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

5. auminer

Any of you hoe-Moe's... Calls me Francis... I'll kill ya.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Dammit, it's a shame that they can't make awesome movies like that anymore

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Not can't. Won't.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No way could Blazing Saddles be made in today's societal norms.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? You been doing it wrong and getting some seriously nice breaks.

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  9. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Know the rules so you can twist them properly..
    :) Rtfrb :)

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I finished up my taxes last night. I haven’t dug into a detailed comparison to LY, but in total, the rate went down one one hundredth of a percent on just over $100K of taxable income that increased $2K year over year.

I wasn’t able to itemize 2017 or 2018, so at least that comparison is somewhat fair, but need to figure out if state taxes are in that figure and whether or not they influenced the minimal change.

I hope folks making less have a better result.

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Hilarious that we are Israel considering the morons here keep electing racist, radical anti-semites that want a genocide of the Jooooos. (Ellison and Omar)

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Lots of bitchin that the child credit went down. It's mostly by people that don't pay taxes to behind with .

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll just point out anyone that use the word "refund" in this discussion is a fuckin idiot. You can't refund money to people that was already theirs. You can only trick a bunch of idiots in to thinking they are getting a "refund".

BHP41, Phl218, kangasj and 1 other person like this.
  14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Isn't a refund when you get your money back? I guess return is more accurate . Or get your change back :blart:

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Forget it. He's rolling.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This is the group that struggles to differentiate between male and female. There is a really good chance that alot of them just fucked up the math...:D

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Well, I just got great news from my accountant this year. I had a great year in my Vanguard funds and it only cost me a grand more. Like, really great year.

Thank you, Mr. President. Im going to stimulate the economy at the Flyers game tonight!

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I definitely ended up better. I had to pay a little bit to the state, but got about the same back from the fed while getting around 200 a month more in my regular pay. Bah, but that's just crumbs!!!! Sorry to you guys that have this down to a science, but I'm not playing with the numbers anymore! My son's college expenses have netted us an extra grand in returns that I never expected and am not going to play around with anything as I'm no tax expert.

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

TY TY TY! I have yet to understand why people want to give the government a 0% loan for the year.

20. auminer

Well damn. Looks like I ended up loaning Uncle Sam about a grand this year.

I'ma hafta adjust withholdings and put 50ish more into the 401k every month.