1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did my 2018 taxes last night...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by wood600rr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There aren't a lot of facts you can do anything with there.
    The 8% thing is a meaningless number.
    But, Orange Man Bad.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

There are a few people who's taxes went up due to the deduction for property taxes being capped. Guess where? High tax coastal states. So your state taxes the shit out of you, but Orange Man Bad.
    Guess what New Yorkers, Cuomo just figured out he's 2 billion short for next year. Think he'll cut spending or raise taxes?
    Oh, and NJ...have fun with your upcoming rain tax! Worked great in MD! Idiots...SMH

kangasj, StaccatoFan and Banditracer like this.
  3. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Mine actually increased 2%

4. Marid2apterbilt

Not married and no kids, claiming 0 on my deductions.
    With the new tax laws I only have $1000 in deductions. Not even close to the $12000 individual now.
    I used to be able to write off almost $25000 in deductions.
    As a company driver on the road over 300 days a year that M&IE deduction was awesome. Now it's only for owner operators or the company can do some strange math but either way we don't get the full daily allowance any more.
    $58 non taxed daily adds up.

Add to that it seems every thing we buy on the road went up $20%. What we spend traveling really eats into our income now....

:) . :( :(

May your local Walmart run out of toilet paper.... :)

5. Spang308

Your tax rate or your refund?

6. Marid2apterbilt

Tax rate..
    Last year was 10% this year 12% according to hr block math

My gross was up about 2-4%

7. Spang308

Huh? Your effective tax rate is 12%?

8. Marid2apterbilt

I think so, I didn't pay much attention to the numbers. Just a few statistics the guy rattled off. I knew it wasn't gonna be like years past refunds of $4k+. As long as I don't have to pay in I'm happy.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The level of blasé regarding the theft of thousands of dollars of folks' hard earned money is stunning. If yall got a few Gs you don't want laying around, I'll PM you my paypal.

Send it as a gift so they don't ding me with a fee.

10. Marid2apterbilt

Just adopt me, educational purposes, school me at trackdays. I'll even pout a little before you email James Bock for new tires. In return you can claim me as a dependent on your taxes.

Don't forget to put a futon in the basement/garage so it looks legit during audits.

Lmao

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I school no-one. Even that dolt in the banana hat that takes gokart money from schoolboys is faster than me. :(

:crackup:

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

StaccatoFan likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My guess in some fucked up kinda way they worked the system so they’re qualified as a charity. Complete bullshit.

But everyone wants an angle.

15. Spang308

They are nothing more than lobbyist organizations now. While they were pedaling influence, may as well push that through.
    Unions have nearly zero legitimate reason for existing today.

brex likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whaaaaaa!!!!! I didn't give the federal government a large enough interest free loan this year.

badmoon692008 and brex like this.
  17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I didn't even know they were until I read that article. The only reason i can see for it is that many at many places the dues are not optional. I have worked places where it was a union shop and you had no choice. That's not fair and it shouldn't be allowed but as long as it is it provides some relief for those who don't want to do it but have no say in the matter.

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The tax code has been tool for meddling with society for a long time. Politicians trying to influence the decisions we make on how to live. Worse than that, deductions have been an underhand way for them to reward their cronies (for example, union dues). There are deductions we like if they benefit us, or hate if they don't. I would like to see deductions all go away to be replaced by a flat tax. That way we could all see exactly what we pay, no surprises. The politicians would shit themselves but then that's the way it should be. They SHOULD be very afraid of us when we go to the ballot box. :flag:

cpettit likes this.
  19. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

accurate- my refund dropped this year due to the property tax cap (i live in a high tax coastal state) but my paycheck was higher week to week. its a trade off and im fine with it, although i have heard a lot of bitching and gnashing of teeth here.

20. Spang308

There is talk of tweeking the property tax deduction for just that reason. One thing about this administration I've noticed is they actually pay attention. Trump is not affraid to fine tune stuff if needed.
    Just curious. Did you pay less in federal taxes overall this year?