1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I miss the Lewis Hamilton wsbk test thread

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Dec 2, 2018.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I know! I wish someone would have told me that before thinking ‘hmmm, let’s see what this hookers and blow thing is all about’.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The F1 teams have to buy Pirellis, so maybe Stick hooked him up?

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Two more pages.

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

He should come race with WERA and try to win the Novice title in his rookie year.

R1M370 and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

"With that he’s faster than most other track day riders."

so are other track day riders :D

R1M370 likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And all those numbers are real, and not at all for PR purposes. :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Agreed, but to clarify - if Lewis was doing 1:49's isn't that a full 10 seconds off the testing pace of the SBK top guys? Maybe the Pata guys were circulating at 1:42's that day with no real goal of all out lap times?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Glad they tried to address his body position to something closer to the 2000-2005 era. Maybe when he retires he'll try the 2005-2010 era next

Sent from my smatrfone

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I doubt 99% of the people on this bbs can get within 10 seconds of those 2. If Lewis did, then I am impressed. I don’t like him, but that is very fast.

HPPT, 418 and SuddenBraking like this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I wasn't stating what I did to slight Lewis, just to clarify it was actually 10 seconds off the pace, not 7 seconds.

Having said that - Moto3 bikes with 55hp circulate there 4-5 seconds/lap faster than Lewis did, and top World Supersport riders are also 6-7 seconds a lap faster than his times there. Even the last place WSS qualifier there last year was 3 seconds/lap faster around Jerez on a 600 and having never seen the track. Just reference points of course...

Benny Solis laid down 1:45's on a 600 there this past year - 4-5 seconds/lap faster than Lewis - Benny is no joke on a bike so the point being - Lewis indeed is no slouch on a bike.