1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dicks Sporting Goods (Field & Stream) to stop selling Assault-Style Rifles

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wondering if I should put one of my uppers on sale.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You could give it to me :D

Oh yeah - where the hell were you all weekend?

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Murcielago311 and XFBO like this.
  4. Woofentino Pugr

Also Hi-Point Firearms and Inland Mfg also just cut ties to Dicks. Betting more to come. Hopefully Remington, Savage, S&W and Henry follow.

Heard Ruger doesn't sell to them directly but their distributors have been stopping sales to Dicks.

Murcielago311 and XFBO like this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Awesomeness!

Hope the list continues to grow, stupid should hurt like a mofo.

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Theres a Dicks in a plaza in Ft Wayne that i frequent due to all the restaurants....Dicks parking lot is a desolate wasteland....maybe 3 cars parked at any one time....

7. Woofentino Pugr

People are working on Henry, Remington, Savage, Sig, Glock, Benelli and a few other gun makes sold at those 2 stores along with the ammo companies to stop sales to Dicks & Field and stream.

Fencer and XFBO like this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That's going to hurt Field and Stream way more than it's going to hurt Dicks.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We have a Dick's about 10 minutes away, but I drove to downtown Cincy to buy a baseball glove, batters tee and a bat, just to stay out of Dick's. Did it hurt anyone, other than me? Maybe. Maybe not. But I got what I wanted, I supported a local store, and my items were made in the U.S.A. I don't know if those items would have been made in the U.S.A. from Dick's, or not, but that's been getting more and more important to me over the past few years. Support the little guys (me!), and support us (America!).

Orvis, weber#465, Motofun352 and 2 others like this.
  10. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Where'd you shop? I'm downtown right now and I'm thinking of stopping by Koch's to pick up my daughter a new softball bat.

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

If you want a softball bat don’t buy from a big box store! I’ve got a friend that’s a dealer if you want one of the fancy composites. PM me and I’ll send you his info.

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Also known as the "why the fuck does this guy think I care and doesn't he have a trash can at home?" stare.

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Koch's!

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The choice is between Dicks and Kochs?

Fencer and Orvis like this.
  15. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

No Dicks for me.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Me either.
    NTTAWWT

17. Woofentino Pugr

Same company.

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I realize that but I was just thinking that each stores clientele is a bit different and the Field and Stream store would be more effected by not having guns to sell.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

First and foremost, the would need to change the name to Stream.

20. Woofentino Pugr

Well drove by the one here today and at noon, there were 5 cars there in front of their doors. Granted people could walk in from the inside of the mall, but the mall is even slow itself. Gander Outdoors on the other hand was PACKED.

People who bought guns and supplies at Dicks also for the most part buy other stuff there. Seen a few people on another board who are ticked off at them over this that are in charge of purchasing equipment for youth sports orgs and are looking elsewhere to buy equipment. Thought of getting a new set of golf clubs (mine are now mis matched over the years from replacing individual clubs when one gets broke). Was a decent set at Dicks I was looking at, but may as well got to Dunhams now for them. Need a new portable grill for the races I have to camp out at. Aint getting one from Dicks. About due for a new sleeping bag. Again not getting one at Dicks.

Last thing I bought at Dicks was a box of .22 ammo right before this all started.