1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dicks Sporting Goods (Field & Stream) to stop selling Assault-Style Rifles

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fucking preppies :crackup:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I once got a $20 gift certificate to LL Bean.

Bought some shoelaces. Still had to throw in another $8 cash money. :moon:

rcarson15 likes this.
  3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Damn those must be some really tacticool laces. Carbon Fiber?

I hate Dicks, that have some cool stuff but I normally end up walking out because of the stupid check out line.

4. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Fact ^

I was at Bud's yesterday and the salesman I was dealing with said that they are going through stacks of ARs. Going back today to buy a scope that I postponed the purchase of so that I could research it....I might get another AR while I'm there. :flag:

K51000 likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Meanwhile...
    A298A938-CC0F-44FC-A2BE-6EDC0CFD17C0.jpeg

Fencer, K51000 and sheepofblue like this.
  6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It looks like Dick's is going full anti 2nd amendment. They have hired gun control lobbyists and the main trade association for firearms/shooting sports has kicked them out. While they didn't support the move to remove AR's from their stores, they didn't condemn it, but actually lobbying against everything the NSSF is fighting for is a step to far. I would say Dick's will quit selling firearms and ammo in the near future.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/04...ed-dicks-sporting-goods-gun-control-lobbying/

7. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

XFBO likes this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I agree and I strongly suspect they will be out of the firearm busines altogether soon.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You all know that after this escalates to a full-on, us against them confrontation, we're gonna have to lay down our arms before them...

then beat them to within a millimeter of their lives. It's the only language we'll be able to speak that they'll understand.
    Of course, going that extra millimeter will ensure this shit doesn't happen again for another couple hundred years.
    ;)

blkduc likes this.
  10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Who the hell ever bought guns or ammo from Dickheads anyways?

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

i bought my shotgun from there....like $50 cheaper than anywhere else. Plus the guy helping me was super knowledgeable on the various options.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think I may have grabbed some bulk cheap 9mm on sale a couple times when the boss went shopping for other stuff (which meant I wasted time looking for super discounted outerwear that would fit and gun stuff).

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Never bought a gun from them, but ammo a number of times. They were CHEAPER than everyone else in the area for .22, 9mm and .223. That was UNTIL Gander Outdoors opened here. Gander is CHEAPER than Walmart on many firearms (the ones Wally world still sells) and ammo is a few dollars less than Walmart. Got my Henry Big Boy .44 from Gander Outdoor. Normal price from Gander is $699. Walmarts wants $730. Cabelas and Dicks want $770. Havent stepped into Dicks since their CEO opened his mouth.

XFBO likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

There is a Dick's between my house and our property where we shoot so that's the usual stop for a few boxes of .45 on the way there. Also they have more convenient hours than the nearest gun store (which isn't mich further out of the way).

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate to have many local gun shops...I try to buy all my guns there as prices are in line with the big stores or even better. The owners are good people and help with any questions. Never found anything interesting at Dick's...maybe golf balls.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

So is that a management or willpower issue?
    :moon:
    I keep beer by the case, liquor by the 1.75L, if I smoked, I’d buy them by the carton and I keep some extra squeeze in my sights just in case I break the one I’m with.

Dicks can EABOD. I’ll skip rocks on a pond while waiting for my mail orders rather than buy from them again. Fukm. :flag:

17. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Bought my first Colt from Bud's yesterday. It's a FLR AR15 that will get a scope bought somewhere other than Dicks.

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Straight up convenience. I couldn't care less about their politics.

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It's way too expensive to buy ammo off the shelf anyway. I avoid the state sales tax and place orders big enough that shipping is free (or get free shipping specials)and online retailers have very low prices already. Just buy it in bulk and save on average $100 and it's left on my front porch...no brainer.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I cut up my Dick's reward card and dropped it off yesterday at the Grafton, Wi location, explaining that I know you (the salesguy) had nothing to do with it, and that I know you (the company) really won't miss my business, but I cannot patronize a business that wants to not only go against law abiding citizens, but is actively lobbying for other businesses to not be able to sell to law abiding citizens. I mentioned I would be very happy in giving Dunhams all my business and directing my student athletes to go to Dunhams. He had a deer in the headlight look the whole time, but I doubt I was the first person, even that day, to express that opinion.

XFBO and Orvis like this.