1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dicks Sporting Goods (Field & Stream) to stop selling Assault-Style Rifles

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rcarson15, Feb 28, 2018.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: That is probably it. You know that if it was a big profit item for them they would still be selling them. This is just corporate grandstanding.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kinda funny that the Dicks I go to is very near their HQ.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

For some of us, 5 years just might be a lifetime membership

dtalbott likes this.
  5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I paid either 200 or 250 for my NRA lifetime. I upgrade it every time I feel the price is worth it.

EDIT: just looked it up, I'm an Endowment Level member

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Is this just a “well endowed” claim? We ain’t buying it. You drive one of them lectric cars. :D

fixerflyer and dtalbott like this.
  7. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I almost feel bad my only assault rifle is my 10/22. I did get a 100 round drum for it though so I can mass shoot some paper.

terminus est, dtalbott and Lawn Dart like this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Use something that only requires 1 shot to knock things down or blow pieces off.

EDIT: or can make small birds disappear in a puff

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a couple of those. 50 cal black powder rifle knocks things down really well with lots of fire and smoke to boot :D

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I joined right after the Chinese invented gun powder. :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Hell I haven't seen an AR in Dicks since 2012. Will I buy a gun from them? Nope. Been wanting a Henry Big Boy .44. They have them "on sale" for $750 at times. Gander Outdoors has the same one for $699 REGULAR PRICE. To boot, Dicks gun area is tiny to start with. Even ammo is pretty much bland (and pricey).

The gov wants to raise the age to buy any gun to 21, better raise the voting age to 25 also. Hell lets go back to only land owners can vote. :D

crashman and R Acree like this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They haven't sold ARs for 6 years so this is desperate virtue signaling from a store on life support hoping to get libtarded dollars spent there. :crackup:

terminus est and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Lifetimer here.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Hell to the yes!

eggfooyoung likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

+1

17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Get er done

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

good-thing-they-want-the-age-raised-to-21-moa-31102330.png

XFBO likes this.
  19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I don't really have a problem with raising the age requirement on firearm purchases however, raising it to 21 seems to be a wasted effort since the largest percentage of people, even at that age, are not emotionally mature. Sure, there are some really intelligent and mature people that, even at 18, are perfectly safe possessing a firearm but there's no way we can differentiate the acceptable kids from those that are not ready to own, or even utilize, a firearm without supervision. Firearms and emotions are not a good fit.
    I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes and if so I'm not trying to be disrespectful. It's just that I deal with a lot of high school age kids these days and many of them are not ready for politics or guns yet.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Because some magical maturity is conferred the day you turn 21?