1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver to SLC road suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by turner38, Jun 9, 2019.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

We are Headed to UMC for the races next weekend and I’ve decided I want to take advantage of being out that way and see some scenery on the streetbike. Plan on just hauling it to Denver then Unloading Thursday morning then sending Kris and the rest of them on to the racetrack. That will give me a couple of days to explore a new part of the country. A quick look shows hwy40 looks pretty decent. Any suggestions as to what roads to ride or places to see? Dont mind doing 4-500 miles a day.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions given.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Trail Ridge just opened in RMNP. Do yourself a favor and go up through Boulder into Estes Park and then over Trail Ridge. Amazing, albeit a bit scary, ride.

beac83, GarrettRick and turner38 like this.
  3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Colorado 9 is pretty neat, too. Takes you from US 40 to US 50 up towards Steamboat.

Utah 12 from I-70 south towards the National Parks (Bryce, CanyonLands, Zion & I know that's not on the way to SLC) is an awesome ride if you aren't afraid of heights. You could take it to US 89 and then ride north on 89 to SLC.

US 6 from I-70 (Green River IIRC) up through Price and on to I-15 south of SLC.

Wingnut and turner38 like this.