1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dented exhaust repair?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dieselboy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Oh, I would def. price the new piece out, if it's ridiculous, I can't believe there isn't a way to at least get is somewhat opened up and repaired, even if not perfect. Apparently you're not going to see much of it if you missed it and you were looking at the bike..

2. It is hidden by the fairing. Normally I would check these things but circumstances were different. I knew it needed some work, but seller did not disclose the exhaust problem.

20180216_160730_1920x1080(1).jpg

I'll try a few things and see if it's salvageable. May be impossible to find just the one pipe, could always cut and weld a new section in as a last resort.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know a guy out here that repaired some un-obtanium 2 stroke pipes for me at a reasonable rate. How much is the new piece? Problem is be is basically retired so before we bug him, I wanted to make sure you can't buy the needed piece for 100 to 200.

F..k, I was looking at used Bentley's for my wife....now I know I don't qualify.:crackup:

4. Thanks, I'll do some shopping and see. They don't make this system anymore, and people usually sell full kits, not just pieces. Ill PM you if i come up with nothing.

5. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

If it matters, I am right here less than 5 miles away from the old Fast By Ferraci location. He sold the business, but still does a little side work from my understanding. If you have a P/N or something similar I could swing by and ask if he knows how to get... I know he had a 749R sitting in the shop last time I was in there about a year ago.

6. Hey neighbor, I'm in Lansdale. That's not a bad idea, I didn't think of FBF. Not sure on the P/N but it's the 57 SS Termi system, horizontal cylinder header.

jasonhise likes this.
  7. jasonhise

No kidding... Horsham, more like Willow Grove for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

It might help you next time or someone else before they make a mistake. That wasn't from an "Oops I fell over at the gas station.." That was was from a "We found the other parts in the woods..."

An extra set of eyes that isn't thinking "good deal" is a very valuable tool. I used to bring friends to hi-line car auctions just for that reason. When I told them what i expected to pay they found every ding, scuff, and cigarette butt.

And that repost is F^@KING awesome. And true. :(

Dieselboy and metricdevilmoto like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

I called my guy and he doesn't want to do it. He said his vision is bad enough he can't weld very well anymore. His old tig stuff was amazing, I think Britt would have approved of it.

Phl218 and Dieselboy like this.
  10. I've bought a few used Italians in rough shape to restore, but point taken. Personally, it looks like a ramp kicked out when loading it in the truck kinda smash. But I like a challenge, the rest of it looks to be in good shape.

20180217_155959 (Medium).jpg

TurboBlew, Steeltoe, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  11. jasonhise

Holy hell, can I swing by just to ogle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Boman Forklift

Wow, not only a nice garage, love the tile, but a bunch of nice bikes too. Always wanted an MV Agusta, and wish I could have kept my old 916. I sold my 916 to keep my boy racing. When I replaced stuff on the 916, I kept the original tires, oil filter and battery, because I thought this bike will be a collectors item. At some point, Tyler needed a race bike, and I said this 916 will be yours someday, do you want that new racebike or do you want to keep this. He said, sell that Ducati......LOL.

If I ever get to Philadelphia again, I would love to come look at your bikes in person!!!!!:timeforabeer:

track wagon, Phl218 and jasonhise like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have a 57 mm OD ss header piece with both ends as you need from a monster i think

Pm me your address and i ship it over for free

14. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Is that racedeck? If not what brand?How long have you had it? Would you do it again? Working on finishing up my shop and leaning towards that.

15. More than welcome to, bring beer.

Appreciate it, PM inbound.

Yes it's racedeck. Had it for a year and it's been great. Only issue I have is that it builds a static charge from walking on it and I get shocked a lot.

rps20180307_221707.jpg

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ok you win! :bow:

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

pics of the one you can have:

Attached Files:

18. Well figured I'd throw in an update to this. Broke up with my GF of 8 years shortly after this thread so I've been chasing tail for the past 4 months, but finally got back to the bike. Tried a bunch of things to get this fixed, but in the end a local fab shop hooked me up for free in about 5 minutes.

rps20180712_215249.jpg rps20180712_215307.jpg rps20180712_215216.jpg

19. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Glad you got it sorted out on the cheap.

20. I am a customer for life now.

TLR67 likes this.