1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democrats won the House with the largest midterms margin of all time

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by saintlaurent, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I think "IF" it's meant for all who are eligible to vote the process should be made easier. ID yes, for the life of me I cant understand why people don't have ID's. I keep hearing some college students don't have them. I cant see this as plausible I just can't. I was right at DMV on my 16th birthday to get my license. Didn't drink until college but I still needed and ID to buy Zima.
    1. You need an ID
    2. Have voting on a Sat or Sunday
    3. Plenty of voting machines at polling stations. if you have enough info to count your constituents you should have enough machine to accommodate them.
    4. Those that need help getting there Set up the local bus or transit system to help out, I do understand some cites may not work like va does but make the effort
    6. If you know there is an election coming up every two years why wait till a month or 3 before hand to register or check on your registration
    7. Maybe spread out the days of a weekend or two weekends im not sure how well that would work.

But my very issue here is I've stayed out of the D for years but I've been apart of the board for over 16yrs. And I've watched some really smart people on the board post. I've watched you all chase down stolen bikes, cruddy racers, and find peoples shit hiding under a rock. So im surprised that some are playing ignorant right now as to this issue. Any other time you guys are on it, you've got your ear to the ground and on it. I don't like some of you and you all don't like me and that's kool, but i'm able to discern from smart people and idiots, that isn't the section of the bbs this is a hot button issue for you. I've watched you all talk about this for years , illegals voting, dead people voting all of that and to come here and see you all silent is mind blowing. It comes off like as long as it's your guy it's fine if not then burn him at the Stake.

saintlaurent likes this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Some of us are silent because we don’t know what happened and are letting it play out through the system. Just like I do with the claims of D tampering. I just really believe we need to do something significant to overhaul the voting process. It’s become too easy for either side to either cheat or accuse the other side of cheating. Lock the whole damn thing down somehow so at least when the vote happens, we can believe the results.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Silence is not acceptance, why would anyone think differently for the majority of the bbs responses?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Silence isn't acceptance? Huh?

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Handicapped is infering that because we are silent on this issue, we are playing ignorant, This is not true, in my case.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhh.... I'd say silence is acceptance, however acceptance isn't remotely the same as ignorance.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The issue is being addressed through the system the way it is supposed to be done.
    What would you have us say?
    What do you say to the fact that the actions taken by a political operative which you feel are unfair are perfectly legal in CA?
    Were the actions right or wrong?

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

There is a difference in ignorance and playing ignorant. If you do not respond to every post then I can assume you then agree with its content?

9. Handicapped Racer

You don't let it playout any other time
    Like that's ever stopped you all before lol

10. Handicapped Racer

Playing ignorant... naa never, not giving a shit :beer:

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Be careful on who you’re calling out on what. Show me where I’ve jumped to conclusions on the D side of things, please.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

By that logic, your non-response on a years worth of posts is implied concurrence?

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You do understand those were your exact words?

14. In Your Corner

I've replied twice to discuss the issue and got no reply.
    Someone just wants to bitch.

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So what actions were taken that are legal in CA? I do believe using fraud to collect mail in ballots from voter and then alter them or write in what you'd like on a blank ballot is illegal in all 50 states.

16. In Your Corner

Ballot harvesting was the issue in both states.

17. saintlaurent

saintlaurent Well-Known Member

Source on that happening? The altering and changing blank ballots? "Harvesting" absentee ballots is a good thing to do as long as it is done honestly and I haven't heard of this fraud you're talking about.

18. Handicapped Racer

My Response was not meant to say you specifically, when I said you that me referring to the BBS as a collective not as a singular person

Funkm05 likes this.
  19. Handicapped Racer

If you choose to see it like that. And the only problem with that is.... if I frequented the BBS like I used to that would be true, but I don't.
    I really never spent that much time in the Dungeon in the first place, you on the other hand do. I specifically come on here when it pops into my head or when there is a public topic that comes up I think would be a discussion here. And voter fraud was a easy guess.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't choose to respond to every thread. You choose when and if to visit. I'm not the one stating that not posting is tacit approval, you are.