1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democrats flee Texas AGAIN!!!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ZebProctor1, Jul 29, 2003.

1. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93118,00.html

"Democratic state lawmakers fled Texas on Monday for the second time in three months to thwart a Republican drive to redraw the state's congressional districts."

What in the heck??? So you don't like something, so you leave the state so noone can vote on it.... heck, the dems have a MAJORITY in the senate, by 17-15, and they need a TWO THIRDS vote to pass this, so that would be all republicans PLUS half the dems.... I really don't get this....

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Umm... Zeb....

It's called P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S. It does not have to make sense.

3. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

What a bunch of dumb ass bastards !

4. ZebProctor1

Re: Umm... Zeb....

No, do the math, if there are 32 senators, and they need 2/3 majority to pass the bill, and there are 11 that fled the state, 11 is a little more that 1/3.... so why didn't they just stay and vote no???????? That part makes no sense, I have been involved with politics one way or another since I was 12, and I know they sometimes do things that are abnormal, but leaving the state when you have a majority in the senate, and more importantly a guarentee that you have enough votes to block a bill, why leave????

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Typical Democrat BS, a few want to rule the majority. They kill the bill by running away and hiding instead of losing as the count has indicated. The districts are a joke in Houston.

David

6. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

The worst part is the taxayers in the state of Texas that pay these peoples salaries are now paying them for the opportunity to get paid for not doing their job? :confused:

7. ZebProctor1

I finally agree with guerilla..... you know a way to stop this $hit from happening.... start docking pay, they'll be right back in a heartbeat.... nothing talks to a democrat like money........ you wanna bet which group, republicans or democrats congressmen have the most on the forbes richest 500 list???? Give you a hint, it ain't the group that is supposedly for big bussiness, and supposedly do all this crap for thier personal gain..... yep, and to make it more sad, the top 5 richest congressmen, yep, all democrats...... I can't remember the top one, I think it was lieberman, or clinton....

8. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I'd prefer it if the Texas Rangers just shot the offenders at the border. Fail to uphold your oath of office, get a bullet to the head on the taxpayers. Works for me.

9. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

big law is where the big money is.

10. ZebProctor1

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93524,00.html

OOHH, now the bitches are going to file a LAWSUIT???? What the hell for?? let's see..... "Judge, the republicans keep wanting us to vote on a bill, that's illegal ain't it, I mean it's not like we're senators....... oops...."

11. ZebProctor1

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95130,00.html

That's what I'm talking about..... took away their cell phone usage, spending accounts (which they were probably paying their hotel bills with), capitol building priviledges, AND fining them $5,000 a day........ oh yeah, justice is sweet....

12. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I still say shooting them at the border is the most expedious, permanent solution to the problem.

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I say add a touch of the PRC. Bill the family of the deceased for the bullet. :eek:

14. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Well, I was gonna be generous and cover the cost of the bullet, but I'm totally down with that one too, George.

The question is, can we run them with dogs for a while before we shoot them? :D

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy