1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democratic presidential nominee. Place your bet

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Dec 4, 2019.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

If you’re Castro or Booker, how embarrassing is it to be knocked out before Yang. Those guys are professional politicians, and they get knocked out by Yang!

TurboBlew and Potts N Pans like this.
  2. sharkattack

Is anyone watching the debate tonight? My wife is out of town, so I can scream “Bullshit!”, “Fuck you!”, “No fucking way will that ever fly!” all I want. My dogs might think I’m nuts, however...

Killswitch likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Solid plan.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Way to wear the pants, bro... :Poke::Poke:

(I keed... I only watch political coverage in my man cave)

sharkattack likes this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

By the u/c report vids floating around the webs today, it better be Sanders who gets the nod OR ELSE.......Milwaukee is gonna burnnnnn!!!!

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Will it take the Somalis with it? Just trying figure if their rep goes back....

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's the spirit

[​IMG]

sharkattack likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Shit. I did that same thing to a 42" while my mom was here. They looked at me like I was crazy. Told them to lighten up, it's just a t.v.

9. sharkattack

Got a link to the vids?

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

12. Elsinore

Elsinore Well-Known Member

My bet: In the midst of the final DNC selection, one of the current candidates will not back down (Part 1).
    Yes, this would spell more defeat in the election (using logic) -- but they are driven by feelings, fake polls, and the constant urge to deny facts....including the results of their own primaries (claiming, racism, corruption, or other). The MSM coverage will fan the flame as they are programmed to create a Jerry Springer atmosphere of promoting their agenda & opinion as news. Not smart on their part either, but they are cut from the same cloth.
    Their inability to accept defeat is well proven. And then Part 2 will happen after the general election.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. auminer

I actually just googled to see if he'd died & I had somehow missed it... but apparently Al Gore is still alive.

Why has't he thrown his inconvenient hat into the ring?

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Because it's 2020 and we don't live in Water World?

15. auminer

If you're suggesting that a politician would be prevented from running for office if they have gone on record with falsehoods, I think that you've missed the past.... 2020 years or so. Probably more than that!

jrsamples likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm sticking with my Deval Patrick theory. He's in the game but he's not making any
    waves or headlines. Obama backs him close to the end and he looks like the next Obama.
    And there will be no bad news clips to show or promises to be kept or anything to argue
    against. Just another hopey-changey kind of candidate with no scandals or lies.

And he's black. That's a big deal when the Democrat candidates are blindingly white.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Doesn't seem leftist enough

18. auminer

So... this seems a fitting thread what with the word ""bet"" in the thread title.

A lefty friend of mine and I have agreed in principle to place a wager on the outcome of the 2020 presidential race.

The concept (the details of which we haven't yet fully nailed down) is that either I'll fund a kiva.org account with a dollar amount equivalent to the number of electoral college votes the dem candidate beats Trump by, or vice versa.

Another possibility is that we'll each agree to fund a co-managed account with each of us contributing a dollar amount equivalent to the number of electoral college votes the others' candidate wins.

No matter what, there will be a small pool of funds available to help some third world folks pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. Who doesn't want that?

Pass this notion on, if you will.

Thanks.

blkduc likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is Pensacola a third world?

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Fourth.