1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democrat enthusiasm?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Nov 6, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So I know some of you live in (D) districts and go to (D) oriented sites. What is the turnout and enthusiasm level? Curious as my district is pretty solid (R) so I only see half of the turnout story.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You're interested in the D?

sharkattack, tiggen and Phl218 like this.
  3. sheepofblue

Yep, be interesting to hear from honest people vs the media. In the end the tally is what it is including the dead folks that got out :Pop:

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what ours is. It's a very rural county heavy in farming, but also lots of brown skinned folks that goes along with all that farming. I haven't been yet, going after 1, but my wife just said the line is as large as she's ever seen it. That includes presidential elections. Just a county firehouse. Normally you walk in and you're out in 5 mins. She said the line is out the door. That's never happened.

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I ever get up to the voting location I'll let you know.
    Word is it's supposed to be major turnout but that might mean you have to wait 5 minutes to vote.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

That's like, pushing it for you.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Folks in a meeting I just attended said there were lines or 100 people out the door early (before work) don't know how they look now.

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Around here, early voting is all the rage. People act like we're a (D) city now, but I have a feeling things aren't going the way people think. Doesn't matter to me as long as Marsha Blackburn doesn't win.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Longest line I have seen for a non-presidential election. Our D congressman will win with between 70% and 80% of the vote to tell you how blue this district is. With that said, I did not see the vans pulling up and handing out D sample ballots to the passengers like I did in 2012 and 2016.

Most of my local area Facebook friends vote and are enthusiastic and most will vote anti-Trump. Most are in districts like mine where it is not a close race. Even in the Senate projects.fivethirtyeight.com has Stewart's chance as 1 in 80. The Libertarian Matt Water's chances are sadly even less.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was at my polling station at 5;55 this morning...probably about 30th in line. When I finished at about 6:15 there was maybe 50 people waiting to show their ID's. My wife went at 7ish and she said there was close to 100 people total and she waited in a line about 20 deep just for the booths to fill out her ballot. We live in a suburban area and this is the most people I've seen participating at that time since 2008. My district leans Democrat but for all my liberal musings in the Dungeon, I voted probably 60/40 Democrat on my entire ballot.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not voting anti trump or anti pelosi or anti any of that shit. I'm voting pro Dave K. What's best for me in the short and long term, f@ck the party lines.

stk0308, auminer and cpettit like this.
  13. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I live in a very heavily democrat area of KC and I've never seen lines like today, to include when Obama was on the Ballot.

14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No lines, no waiting when I hit the polls.

Of course Mr. Roll-Checker asked me my name instead of even looking up at me to see I was holding my drivers license out for him to verify my identity (such a hardship, finding my face amongst all those green pieces of paper with other people's faces on them :crackup: ).

First time I ever voted a straight ticket.

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

theyre all dead Jim. [on paper]

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

Amazing turnout here. Not only was the lot full but they were cranking people through. Hand them ID it scans finds you and off you go. No more getting in your letter line and having them flip through the list. GO voter ID :flag:

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Racist.

stk0308 and sheepofblue like this.
  19. sheepofblue

And yet the young fellow helping me was black as were the man his wife in front of me who had zero issues also

jrsamples likes this.
  20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I never understood how ensuring the integrity of the vote could be racist in this day and age. 60 years ago, maybe, if we refused to help people obtain a proper ID.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    stk0308 likes this.