1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demo bike etiquette? How should I ride it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

Going to ride a Triumph Daytona 675 demo bike. It hasn't been fully broken in so they say don't ride too hard. Should I just ride it like I want or be respectful? What's the consequence?

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Ride it like you stole it.

3. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

it hasn't been fully broken in yet.

it needs to be fully broken in

help them fully break it in

:up:

:D

4. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

:stupid:

5. I have broken in 03 cbr,05 cbr and 06 gsxr by just riding it hard right away, with no problems at all. One of my friends is still racing my 03 and it has close to 20,000 track miles still with no problems. Another friend has the 05 with close to 10,000 track miles and no problems. Knock on wood:D

I think one of the main principles of breaking a bike in is varying the RPM, and hard riding naturally does this.

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

And some wonder why fewer and fewer manufacturers/dealers offer demo's.

IMO, it is NOT ok to treat someone elses equipment with disrespect, ESPECIALLY after they asked you to do otherwise.

Beer Slut, the consequence is if you ring the piss out of it on a public road on a bike unfamilier to you you might not be able to post here for awhile, or forever but I'm sure you know that. You can get the feel of that ike without bouncing it of the rev limiter and by riding in a spirited but not abusive way.

7. sdg

sdg *

Wheelie out of the parking lot. :up:

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

only if you wheelie away crossed up and step out into a knack-knack....with the greatest respect....of course.

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I agree, but you do realize he came to the WERA BBS to ask that question? :Poke: :D

10. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

No need to ride it hard, just do a nice burnout in the parking lot when you leave.

11. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

FWIW - those triples actually run better with a little more short shifting and grunt - no need to bang them up to the rev limiter - you're just wasting energy at that point. So just go ride it and you'll see the beauty of the triple - I wish I could afford to run one.....

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid:
    The guy is showing you respect by letting you take the bike out. He probably does not need to give test rides to sell it. The way you treat it determines whether you were worthy of that respect. It's between you and your conscience, nobody else will know.

13. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Depends on which dealership near Ebensburg is hosting the demo day! ;)

14. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

It's not like the dealership needs to sell the bike after it's done being a demo.

Why would the dealer care if you beat the hell out of it?:rolleyes:

15. STT-Rider

Because Triumph will end the program f it doesn't make financial sense and then no demos to help said deler sell. MCC sold 17+ Triumphs on the Demo day, that's a powerful sales tool.

Ted, didn't you used to sell bikes at dealership?

16. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

I'm saying one shouldn't beat the demo.

17. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

My thoughts exactly!

18. STT-Rider

If you demo an Aprilia, all I had to do was look at the dash "telltale" which told me how fast you went during the ride but didn't track revs. Nice tool for the track as well.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's just basic respect for the guy who ends up buying it. Some dealers let some customers take out bikes that are going to be sold. It has happened to me.

20. STT-Rider

Yep, I just figured that out! My sarcasm meter is busted today!