1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debise out of a ride

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Feb 12, 2019.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Wonder who dropped the ball here. He didn't sound to happy about the situation..

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

From Instagram:

"I am not going to race in 2019. I do not want to give the full explanation. First I want to say thank you @suzukicycles and @team_hammer_inc for having me the last three years. I'm still having my 100% motivation on riding, and even more racing in @motoamerica. I'm keeping my training (physically and moto) schedule as I always do during this times of the year and make myself ready in case any opportunity show up. Also thank's @michelinmotorsport for still giving me a lot of tyres testing this year. Not what I wanted, but I'm healthy and still enjoying my life. See you soon at the track"

MELK-MAN and track wagon like this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don’t know who has more drive than Valentin. I can name a few that equal, but not exceed. Hopefully things turn around for him.

(Obviously, I’m just a fan without any professional experience.)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We need more dudes with his level of Colin-esque candor during interviews in the paddock. :bow:

"Zee bike was just a piece of sheet."

Laz, ggunn9, Joe Lopez and 4 others like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm sure there's a reason and I know it's above my pay grade why. Sucks but CU and JU had their reasons.

G Dawg and Shenanigans like this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That fucking sucks.

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Wonder if his bell is still rung a bit?

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I haven't always been a fan of their judgement sometimes, but yes I'm sure there is something.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’d be great if he could get on an R6 and stomp the shit out of the SS class. I’m a GSX-R fanboy, but that old ass bike was holding him back.

bacolmm, rcarson15, Newyork and 2 others like this.
  10. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

No one has more love for the sport than JU and CU do IMO. It is a shame VD won't be back with the team in 2019 but I am sure they considered all options and went in the direction that made the most sense for all parties involved.

cav115 likes this.
  11. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

Team Hammer has that bike pretty well sorted out. Personally I feel many of the challenges faced in 2018 began when VD interviewed for the open Astronaut position at NASA (fuck that was a huge crash!). Arai sent his helmet up for a little piece we did and it was in rough shape after that impact. VD is tough as nails but IMO no one comes back from shit like that as fast as he did able to operate at 110%. Take that crash out of the mix and there is a very strong chance the 2018 season would have been much different.

VD is one hell of a motorcycle racer and I wish him the very best moving forward. He is a ton of fun to watch when he is in race mode and will be missed.

cav115, malik ross, bacolmm and 2 others like this.
  12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

They signed Bobby Fong instead. Could be a money thing. Maybe Bobby was less demanding on pay. Just speculating. I bet VD ends up on something by mid-season.

ggunn9 and drop like this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think that all of the experts on here should use their vast experience racing and running race teams at the top level of the sport to let Team Hammer know that they are doing it wrong and let their best racer go.
    There are several guys out there available right now that I would like to see on my theoretical team, Velentine Debise, Josh Hayes and Danny Eslick come to mind. If I had some money, experience and sponsors, I'd put all three on superbike 1000's and win the MA championship. I hope they all get good rides as I think any of them can finish on the podium.

GixxerBlade and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

My guess was it was a $$ situation and perhaps a bit of him lacking political correctness. Just speculation of course.

bacolmm likes this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Here is some what ifs for you.
    What if Debise didn't want to race 600's again, but was insistent on a superbike?
    What if Team Hammer doesn't have a spare superbike, sponsor and pile of money laying around?
    What if they are really happy with their current superbike rider and program?
    Should they have dumped Jake Lewis for Debise?

This is nothing but pure speculation based on a strong position of ignorance, but I might be close in some aspects.

bacolmm and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They had it tuned as good as it could be, but the R6 is on a different level.

cav115 and bacolmm like this.
  17. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he said in an interview at the end of the season he wanted superbike this year or nothing

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. I am going to speculate by not speculating on this subject.

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

in other news that might mean Debise is available for a spot on an endurance team...hehe

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Get him on an SV in Twins class. :D