1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona Golf Cart Rental

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Nov 25, 2021.

1. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I'm going there to race in January for the first time, and taking my family along. I've rented golf carts at other tracks and the track either handled it or had a company they work with and recommended.
    When I called the track (Daytona) the nice lady I spoke with gave me a list of places but I feel that she just Googled "golf carts near me" as they were all on the beach. When I called a few of them I was told the carts are for beach use and bumming around the peninsula area only.
    Does anyone have a recommendation of a golf cart rental place for Daytona Speedway?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

As you know employees are hard to find so I guess she's lost?

3. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I do not think they will allow golf carts onsite for the race. I live nearby and there are very few times that a golf cart is allowed on speedway property and when they do you have to rent from a vendor onsite.
    My suggestion is to go to the website and click register and there is a list of what you can and can't do. No bicycles, rollerblades, carts, which I am guessing should say golf carts. There is contact information on there as well to get you in touch with the right person.
    If you find out that golf carts are going to be allowed PM me and I will check with a guy just down the road from me for you.

svracer22 likes this.
  4. svracer22

I will make some more calls on Monday to get some clarification if they will be allowed or not.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

have brought and seen golf carts MANY times wile racing at Daytona..

svracer22 likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yeah but it's a AHRMA race weekend in January so...

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

So bring a vintage golf cart and you should be good to go

8. svracer22

Any idea of the company name or where you rented from?

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

sorry, nope. i brought a friends golf cart for the races, but i've seen multiple others when racing there..

10. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

11. svracer22

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

13. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Try B Wilson golf carts, 2800 S Nova Rd South Daytona Fl. 386-523-8633
    They are about 4 miles from the track. I had to go to a shop near them yesterday and it looked like they are closed until Monday for the holiday so I could not check on information for you.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Daytona security guards have mellowed over the years. A couple of the old commandos must have retired or are now guarding St. Peter's gates. A few years ago I couldn't even use a pit bike that wasn't registered or had a headlight outside the paddock. Walking to registration and back to the paddock is probably 4 miles so it's not possible without some kind of transportation.

Nowadays it's like any other track- be nice to them and they are easy going. Sorry, this has nothing to do with golf carts. Have fun!

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Can you or anyone else explain the pit situation to me? They are saying you can't camp in the pits, you have to camp at an infield campground. Can you pit in that campground? I have a toy hauler and I'm confused about how to pit and camp in two different places with a 5th wheel.

I sent them an email and am hoping to hear back but I thought I would ask here as well.

16. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Did you rent a garage space? The times I took my camper, I rented a garage space and used my cart to take all of my stuff to the garage to set up my pit and the camp site was only used after race day or if I had a long break between races.

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I did not rent a garage because I don't understand the setup. With a toy hauler I don't really want a garage away from it. This seems like a pain but I really want to race Daytona.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The Rider / Owner lot and the rest of the infield camping lots are not in the paddock. The paddock is the area immediately adjacent to the garages and is fenced off. They don't want people pitting in the Rider / Owner lot or the infield camping lots- I have done it, but it's not convenient because it's pretty far from the pit out and requires you stopping for credentials at at least two spots, not to mention regular infield traffic (spectators / people on motorcycles or on foot). It's not allowed by the rules, but at the club races it's not enforced too carefully.

It's different than any situation that we have at any of the other Moto A tracks- Daytona must have a rule about not camping overnight in the garage area, probably because the garages have direct access to the track itself, but that's just a guess.

Guys with Toyhaulers usually unload them into the garage, then go back into the camping lots. Pain in the azz.

19. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Rent a garage, unload into pit when you arrive, park camper in rider lot. Daytona has 24 hr security in the pits, so I just left everything all weekend. I didn't think it was a big deal. Different from what we do at most tracks, but not a big deal and definitely shouldn't keep you from going.

TLR67 likes this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I got this from Stephanie at DIS last week…..

Hi Marc,

I just got out of a meeting with our Operations team and now have a clearer layout for the weekend. The sites in Yellow will actually be more of a General Admission camping, on a first come, first basis. You can stay where you are,( spot 131) but there just won’t be lines and site numbers. I just wanted to give you a head’s up. You can also paddock at your site if needed. Let me know if you have any questions.

So to confirm no camping in pits…but you can paddock at your camper but fu#$ that… if you don’t get a infield spot or know someone with one you need to camp outside the track.. I just plan on throwing up a couple ez ups behind the garages because I am no Big Baller…

Then unloading and heading to yellow lot.. lots of back and forth through the day but I don’t care… been on my bucket list to get on this track for awhile…Hope to see you down there…