1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by HoyaXC07, Jan 23, 2019.

1. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

I'm heading to Daytona in March. I've done several car races there in the past but this is my first bike race on the banking.

Is my WERA Expert license good for CCS and ASRA or do I need to apply for those licenses too? Anything weird about their Tech?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Melka to the whit courtesy phone

3. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

Your license should qualify to to obtain their corresponding license without taking any extra steps, but yes you will have to pay for and obtain theirs. I'll let Melka walk you through tech idiosyncrasies.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

This

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

That place is pretty dead..

In my experience after spending time here and looking through the WERA rulebook, if your bike would pass WERA tech it'll breeze through CCS tech. The safety wiring rules, coolant rules, and modification rules are much more relaxed.

7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Tech is usually pretty simple, all your gear checked,bike checked, and transponder. Number plates have to be by the book, that is the only thing I've seen them get on to people about.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And if you're on anything bigger than a 600 get ready to run Daytona spec rear tires.

R1M370 and TurboBlew like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

since its combined with the 200... not many races on Sat.

10. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Most migratex to the facebook page.

Also make sure your helmets manufacture date is readable and under 5yrs.

11. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Get on banking and tilt head to the right to see around the corner (banking). Did you have to do that in a car?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ask their tech peeps before taking the bike over, I think you need to take all your gear and your bellypan with. Other than that if it passes ours the bike itself will be fine.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Be prepared to either freeze or roast.

I presume Team Hammer will still be doing the track day and school beforehand.

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Make sure you have the proper air filter for your class. They are strict about this enforcement.

15. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Yep spot on. How many races you doing? Be prepared for you're neck to hurt from looking up and to the left! Helmet thing mentioned above as well, they will check.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The RRW trackday is only in the Fall, right?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

You have to look out the top left corner of the windshield. Its weird and exciting. The faster you go the lower you get squished into the seat. I'm assuming its more of the same on a bike.

18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I believe the Team Hammer school is only in October. The 200 takes up a lot of the race time so there are CCS and ASRA races on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Enjoy it!
    Went to Daytona end of last year for the first time and it is nothing like I ever ridden before. Bring a large front sprocket =]

20. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

Tech, should be straight forward for a wera tech'd bike. They do want to see everything you are wearing on track, helmet must be no older than 5 years I believe. They don't like clips with safety wire.

From my Daytona experience. Stay at the track, it was awesome, get a garage its worth it. Gearing choices were interesting I ended with a 17/46 on a d675. unless you break into sub 2 mins or I'd even say faster than 1:55 you don't really need the Daytona tire (pirelli), but its up to you and your tire guy. I'll leave out learning to ride the banking, thats half the fun.! Have fun !!