1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We can make all kinds of excuses, but this is racing, I suspect they've all been made before, and pretty much everyone knows we're just a couple of guys who failed to go fast making excuses!

Often when trying to get up to speed, I am trying so hard to execute the changes I have made in my head, then I fail to make them at the critical moment- over and over. The frustration grows and sometimes I feel like I am going crazy. It's a vicious mental cycle that sometimes can't be broken until the weekend is over and you get some perspective. I think we've all been in contact with other riders who are hopelessly slow. Sure, you can advise them on certain techniques to try, but in reality there's nothing you can really say to that person, they have to find a certain confidence themselves before whatever mental barrier is holding them back is broken through. Monday I was back to work and I was glad I could still fly the heck out of a 737, so I know I'm not completely nuts.

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I think it was Turpin on the Boulder Motorsports Pierobon X60R running easy 56's with no 1 in sight in '13.

MELK-MAN and cajun636 like this.
  3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

FYI...Fanschoice has posted the race video on their site.

418, ChuckS, MELK-MAN and 1 other person like this.
  4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

What's frustrating the most is knowing you can and like you said, going through it over and over again and doing the same stuff wrong over and over. Every lap I was like, ok run over the curbing going in and get hard on the gas over the curbing coming out and with the power a little power wheelie should result. Nope, every time my drive coming out sucked.

Well there is only up from here that I know. Anyways I saw myself a couple times getting passed on tv lol. Yay me for not getting in the way while I was apparently drunk and slow

Gino230 likes this.
  5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

6. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Put your head down and get ready for October to see if the issue is fixed homie! We have glory to chase and trackside chicks to impress

cajun636 and Gino230 like this.
  7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

2000 200

Nicky Hayden let Mat Mladin pass him in the horseshoe on the last lap. Mladin went through the chicane in the lead. Nicky drafted past him after coming off of turn 4 and Mladin was able to draft back past at the line to win by 11/1000 of a second.

2blueYam likes this.
  8. mdr14

mdr14 What?

MD Racing and Track Side Engineering and Cory West are handling the appeal in a proffesional manner. That is why you are not seeing us flood the social media with emotion driven posts.
    Thankfully, our professional reputations are very solid and beyond reproach.
    The 2017 Daytona 200 2nd place finishing bike prepared by MD Racing and Trackside Engineering, piloted by Cory West was at all times tighter than a ducks ass on water with regards to full compliance of the rules for the 2017 Daytona 200. The motorcycle was inspected by the ccs technical staff and found to be in full compliance, passing without question. As we all know, the only point of contention was the airfilter.

Once this is resolved, i will be happy to discuss and post more on this.

Matt Drucker
    MD Racing

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone hand that man a pitchfork!

This lack of aggression will not stand, man.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

[​IMG]

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

:rtfrb: :D

12. mdr14

mdr14 What?

Once this matter is resolved, i will be more than happy to respond to your jest.
    Until that time you will just have to guess at my comical retort.

13. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

masshole likes this.
  15. I think I saw West' bike inhale a seagull through the air intake coming out of NASCAR 4.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fucking cheater!

And MD had to be in on it, I want a total tear down to find the map selector switch between Sunoco and seagull. :mad:

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sucked in by the oversized air filter snorkle intake no doubt. :D

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Good luck on the appeal. I hope it works out. I hated seeing Cory DQed.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

watched the fanschoice replay. Having the gap close from West to Eslick with under 10 laps to go, and them going back and forth (but Eslick always able to draft by at S/F) was way more exciting than the 3-4 second gap stay the same all the way to the end.. interesting, but cool as f**k.

20. Yep. Danny hit 22 of them and not one sucked in :)