1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 16, 2021.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t matter, same engine/drivetrain.

But yes, the stock 765 doesn’t light the world on fire, it’s a very ‘street bike’ engine. I see nothing wrong with that even though it might not be the most exciting thing to ride. Hell a 675r makes about the same peak power but requires more revs to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Daytona Moto2

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

After a bit of thought I messed this up, so I'm pretty sure it was close to this in 95. And I called a few buddies and they can't remember either.
    CCS was Thursday to Sunday March 2-5, then AHRMA was Monday & Tuesday, Wednesday was AMA Pro move in day, then 2 days of AMA practice/races, Saturday March 11 was SX so no road racing, then Sunday the 600SS race was in the morning and the 200 in the afternoon?

Anyway maybe Johnny B or JU remembers the dates better than me?

4. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

was pretty much like that throughout the mid 80s through the 90s

5. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Didn't some 600SS guys run both races that day? I very vaguely recall a story of a fast guy of the time running an FJ600 with street pattern shifting, then a race pattern bike in the 200 and blowing one of them up because he forgot which pattern he was on.

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's the way I remember it

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I think I recall there being CCS, AHRMA, SX and AMA races (including the 200 and SBK and whatever other classes there were that year) all in the same 9 or 10 day period the year before DMG took over. So ... 08?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The course from 85-05 was 3.56 miles, then for 4 years it was the 2.95 course to help save the spec tires, then in 09 it went to 3.51 and was repaved in 2010

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

CCS was always the weekend before, followed by two days of AHRMA. I never really went to Supercross, but I don't really remember it displacing any roadracing. After the week long postponement due to weather in 1996, there was one more time where weather postponed the 200 by a day. After that, they ran the schedule to conclude on Saturday, leaving Sunday open as a rain date.

10. Johnny B

Now I'm wondering what will be required in order to get crew credentials.

tawzx12r likes this.
  11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

12. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Not 100% sure... but the speedway is saying if you have general admission infield passes you'll be able to access the garages and pits.

However Not Hot Pit lane.

Having obtained my camping passes threw the speedway, I'm hoping they don't segregate us with gate closures like they did last year.

13. Johnny B

I'm looking for Hot. Looking into it. Even being an official an option.

tawzx12r likes this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

They did with us @ AHRMA 2 weeks ago…..

tawzx12r likes this.
  15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen an entry list yet? I looked on the Moto America website but didn't see anything.

16. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

From @MotoSean:

"The deadline for Daytona 200 rider entries is February 22, so there won't be a rider entry list published until sometime after that date."

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I wonder if any roadrace Brits will be coming this year.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.