1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Jan 14, 2020.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I just hope the two of you find it in your heart to get back together. Y'all need each other. You're the lubricant in his engine. ;)

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That sounds icky!

3. speedluvn

You must not be familiar with the Robby Loves Clarence Forever thread. Its sticky-icky.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Those are fighting words right there!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. speedluvn

Yes, fight for yer man :Poke:

TLR67, TurboBlew and Quicktoy like this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You seem to have a lot invested In men’s relationships.....

Is there anything you need to get off your chest? Lol

I mean I’m not one to judge but your gay innuendo has been like 85% lately...

7. speedluvn

Now that I have your attention. :rolleyes:
    The back & forth between you and Clearance and him posting your personal information should stop. You do know that it takes two for it to continue. There's no harm with you simply ignoring him. No one will consider you any less of a man for doing such. Slapping da shyt out of him solves nothing. You might feel good doing it but it's an assault, followed by an arrest, and possible prison time. There's too much going on outside of prison for you to involve yourself with an individual who will go to such lengths.

Just my two cents :beer:

8. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Hey Rob.. all due respect.... my typing didn't show it but I was lol with and to Emerson , not you... my apology.

However... I'm not hiding... my avator and signature shows who I am... Tim Wilson #760.

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This thread has turned gheyer than a Versace cologne ad.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. speedluvn

NTTATWWT :rolleyes:

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I don't know him as well as others but he's a great guy as far as I can tell and he does a ton for the club racing and track day community. On top of what's already been said, he's also one of the main go-to guys for all sorts of used bike parts, whole bikes, and even rents out race bikes at certain events. Aaaaand...despite him looking very much like the bear picture posted (LOL), he is freakin FAST!! Dude weighs about 270 lbs and I've seen him lap within about 2 seconds of Stefano Mesa on his R6 at a couple of the east coast tracks. Always helpful to others as well.

Boman Forklift and TLR67 like this.
  12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

image000000_99.jpg
    Looks like it's official.
    Good luck Rob.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Radios are legal.

I did it 2 years with the fancy (i.e. Expensive) Speedcom radios in the helmet (custom wired helmet, etc). We had that crap left over from the MotoST days. I don't think my crew chief ever told me anything I didn't already know. Then I took my right hand off the bar once, and it pulled the plug out, and I was NORDO (No Radio) for the last 15 laps and didn't even know it.

The second 2 years, I had the lower budget Spanish speaking crew and he was like 'Bro- Ju look to da Scoring Towa and Ju come in when it say Twenty Lap."

But in all seriousness, the radios are kind of a waste. I set up my AIM so that it was at the top of the dash and gives a good lap count. Also, the lap count is on the top of the scoring tower, and there are 2 towers. You have a good amount of time going around both the east and west bankings to sneak a look at the tower. So you can time your stop +/- 1 lap.

With all that being said, it would be nice to know with a few laps to go, if someone you see in front of you is for position- or if the closest person ahead or behind you is running +/- 1 lap. Your crew chief would really need to be watching closely to even have that info.

I don't know what type of magnets are inside the pistons, they were there when I got the bike. Pretty sure they are epoxied in.

Regarding the whole Ducati argument- The 848 is pretty outdated now, and expensive to run, but I think it is a good bike for Daytona in the right hands. The 848 is fast on the banking, but it suffers in some other spots. Daytona is a fast track, not too many quick transitions, and that favors the Duc. To get down to the 1:49 range, those riders are much harder on the engine (especially with downshifts) and that is what kills the crank on those twins. I still have not gone as fast around Daytona on my R6 as I did on my 848, and I'm a faster rider now at every other track. Last year when I helped crew for Barrett Long, he blew up early in the race, and he was jokingly giving the finger to one of the guys that was still going around on an 848 towards the end. I told him- "your bike could have finished too, if you would have just stayed in the 2:03's!"

sbk1198 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No harm, I'm fine, but FYI your name isn't in the signature I see? Have a good one.:timeforabeer:

15. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was there and fell asleep (several people did) in the infield stands. Luckily folks were on the beeb updating what was actually happening since the dipshits at the track never did.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What year was that?

19. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I am pretty sure there are a few riders racing in the 200 that are not on that list.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I remembered I got sunburnt too... I was laying down on my buddys box truck.

2011 I think