1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Jan 14, 2020.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

15/42 ? on a late model R6 ? need to be -3 or +1 on front at least (16/42 is good start point) even on pump gas.
    Couldn't run stock gearing on 2nd gen R6's that made less peak HP even if you were barely sub 2min lap times. All by yourself, no draft, shitty run out of chicane, you were well past peak hp on an r6 (14,200'ish), and god forbid you get a hint of a draft (and you will multiple times in a long race with a lot of riders out there).

2. :stupid:

Those things are gimmicks. They don't force your body to utilize oxygen better, the way actually training at altitude does.

cajun636 likes this.
  3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Yes I do apologize, I will be paying for the pit pass... if people are not already in the pits ;)

I rode in October and managed 1:57.xxx my best time of the wknd and on scrubs. I think I can hold that for the duration of the event... I hope
    lol

4. KneeDragger_c69

Dude I just felt like I was in the race... So well detailed, thnx.

Looking for the hands to help out, already got one that showed interest here with the BEEBs.

5. KneeDragger_c69

Do you have the link plz.

BTW was it ZX6R ???

6. KneeDragger_c69

ZX6R '13 buddy

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

8. KneeDragger_c69

I does help you to control your breathing... and that in itself is good.

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

generally theres not much spare help milling about like day workers at a Home Depot...lol. You'd want a minimum of 2 helping. If you can maintain a sub 2:00 lap pace the entire race thats quite an accomplishment and your front may not make it without you backing off the last 15 or so laps. The left side is gona take the brunt of the wear... and remember youre going into 1 at a pretty good clip as well as the back chicane.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

12. KneeDragger_c69

Oh nice....

Can anyone shine in to know if legal ? I will look into it also in the rule book but being at work, not possible right now.

Well... never hurts to ask and if people will be only racing the CCS on Sunday, then maybe they might like to be part of a "non-winning" team loll

Dang... wasn't planning on changing the front at all. Don't have the quick change and looked into it, and that is a fortune.

Oh that could be a very good alternative. If indeed it works with my tank, might go that route.
    Thnx

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Appears like limited mods to stock tank needed to make it work.

14. KneeDragger_c69

Limited I would guess is the fuel entrance only ?!

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep. Ask Billy for details, if anybody can school you on endurance stuff it’s him.

16. KneeDragger_c69

Graçias… ;)

Hummm… who's Billy ?:oops:

17. KneeDragger_c69

Speaking of experience ?
    What is legal ? I think only the stock one is ?!

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Billy Ethridge (guy selling the dump tank). That’s the simple answer .:D

Who “is” he, well that’s a bigger question. :crackup:

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

How much is the quick change axle stuff? I thought years ago it was $500 from a place called Frank's forking or something like that?

20. KneeDragger_c69

loll got it.

Thnx

RRP likes this.