1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave Chappelle/ Sticks & Stones

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Kevin will still get gigs even though he lost one because the majority still don't give a shit no matter what the very vocal minority think or say.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Shoot, it’s not like the Oscars are anything special now a day anyway. Just another elitist liberal glad handing self congratulatory, conservative bashing shit fest. They did him a favor by pressuring him and running him off. The reality is, it makes them look worse then it does Kevin.

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought after the BS he said screw it rather than got fired.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I think so. They put pressure on him and he walked.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Smart man, screw them. They lost a potentially great host, he lost nothing.

aaronson and G 97 like this.
  6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Him identifying as a Chinese man got me, haha.

rcarson15 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Best part was his story about being poor or broke.

Big difference.

Also telling the T in the car "aint no bathroom for you for 3 states"...lol

8. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

gixxerreese and blkduc like this.
  9. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Juicy Smooye'

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Coming from a 30 year old that grew up in Los Angeles, here are a few takeaways that I loved:

"Nobody’s life is perfect. No matter what it looks like from the outside, you don’t know what the fuck’s going on inside. I have a great life, but it’s not a perfect life, but it’s good. It’s… My shit’s like an above ground pool. You ever seen one of them? It’s a pool."

-- My generation is consumed with the idea of "keeping up with the Joneses, or Kardashians" and will likely trade in their fucking firstborn for a couple extra likes. Dave expresses what we`re all thinking, stay in your lane and make YOUR LIFE great. My sister is about to undergo a full tummy tuck procedure all because her friends are doing it. Shes negating the fact that her three kids are obese and unhealthy, but anything goes when it comes to the Gram!

Almost like these new age track riders that are buying the latest R1M and S1000RR, custom suits and AGV`s. It`s feeding an ego and emptiness that will never be full.

Bloodhound and crashman like this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’d buy an S1000RR, AGV helmet and custom suits if I had the money and time to use them properly. I like to own nice shit because it enhances my own enjoyment to use quality equipment. I think what’s relevant is who are you buying or doing things for? Is it for your own enjoyment or because you want everyone to look at you? The former I understand, the latter is just kind of sad.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You have the passion to be there. As do I. He’s talking about those who just show up to look cool.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

They are always fun to pass when out on a clapped out 600 that smokes (just a little).....:eek: Seriously, love to own a 3000 dollar helmet but I'd cry like a baby after I crashed it. :(

crashman likes this.