1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Danny Walker is 100000% correct

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The Great One, 5axis and KWyman133 like this.
  2. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Fast guys are just fast and the fast guys get the best bikes to ride. It will always be like that as long as somebody else pays the bill. I cant't blame them. Nobody wants to pay for a rider who can't perform at the potential level of the bike if they are paying for it.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's really tasteless for a company to hit back at a disgruntled customer. The answer is always to be better. Not this. This is how DMG operated with public sniping. :(

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Who is making that argument?

The real question is would the people in 4th-10th have a real shot at a win with equal equipment? Personally I don’t care how good the team is, I just want to see good close racing. Right now we have 2-4 people who can compete for a win consistently. That’s not that bad, but more would be better.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  5. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

In all fairness, the article was written by Sean Bice who works for MotoAmerica. This is not “MA hitting back on the electronics issue.” The article is a relevant pondering of current issues that surround our paddock. And by “issues” I really just mean “talking points.” I think it’s good to point out that while things have changed so much, they really haven’t.

Teams come and go, and each have their own unique set of circumstances. Previous reigns may have fucked some people, but this reign has not.

I’m not still here in the paddock because of the rules, nor will I ever leave because of the rules. I am simply here to race and make the most of the opportunity that Chuck, Wayne, Richard and Terry have created, which is an amazing opportunity. There is no argument there.

Carry on...

lonewrench, Ducti89, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  6. Hoffman900

Okay, well not everyone has factory level mechanics / tuners.

The assumption that a spec series will make things better is ridiculous. NASCAR tried that and look what is happening...

It’s not the sanctioning body’s responsibility to make teams realize their full potential. It’s ultimately up to the team to execute.

As has been pointed out multiple times here, that Honda Superbike couldn’t even beat Superstock machines. They had full access to use what everyone else had and didn’t execute. Westby found the podium multiple times without the fancy electronics, so why couldn’t the Honda? Jake Lewis wasn’t running them either but routinely left the Honda’s in the dust.

Propping up a team is not MA’s responsibility. You know “pull themselves up by their bootstraps” and all that jazz. It’s racing, not a trophy for every participant (ironically, I think some of the people complaining are the first to use that dumb description when describing millennials, but that’s another rant).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    lonewrench and KWyman133 like this.
  7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

My issue with Advanced electronics is and always will be the same. I don’t beleive we should have electronics controlling the Machines for the riders. Period.
    Take that functionality out of the equation and the still riders may atill be winning the races but I really beleive the depth of the field would improve and costs would be DRASTICALLY reduced.
    It is insane what it costs just to put a proper Data system on a bike. I’d bet said and done electronics costing the teams over 75% of what they are spending on the rest of the bike and then you have to factor in The guys to run it also.

JMO

8. Hoffman900

It wasn’t like the field was bunched together before electronics, so why would getting rid of them be any different.

The factory teams will just spend the money somewhere else, and that was the point of Sean’s article.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Given money I could be Yosh and Yamaha as a team owner.

But holy f@ck, it'd take A LOT of money but it could be done.

10. Hoffman900

Um, Attack can. Richard has the intellect and put in the hard work figuring it out.

Also, Westby has. I don’t think anything in their bike isn’t something you couldn’t buy. They just have assembled it very well and know how to get everything out of it.

Remember when Kyle Wyman finished 2nd at NJMP (rain messed that whole weekend up this year)?

How about Danny Eslick with some flashes of speed this year? Those guys look like a nice club racing effort.

Jake’s bike doesn’t look super trick, just assembled and tuned very well as you would expect from Team Hammer.

There are club racers with bikes everybit as trick or more trick than some in the MA paddock who can do pretty okay...

Everyone wants to blame the rules, but even when Honda has signs of success, their riders wrecked them. Cam, Bobby took himself out unfortunately at NJMP, and Jake Gagne even was in contention for a win in ‘17 and wrecked the bike.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Exactly. I'd do it differently but it can be done.

Screaming about parity is like that occupy wallstreet crap a few years back. All well and good but you'll eventually end up with smelly hippies shitting in the streets.

12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The point is, what does allowing electronics to control the bikes and the extra expense it brings to the teams add of value to the MotoAmerica product?? Hell if anything it devalue’s it IMO. It has to be costing teams 100-150k a year minimum. Spend that money elsewhere and the bikes will get better for sure.
    The guy’s that are on top of it will still have jobs and will find other ways to make their shit better with their time.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. Hoffman900

I
    The bikes are better with the electronics. Yamaha and Yosh would just spend the money they would save elsewhere and the gap would unshockingly, still persist.

Maybe we’re in a transition period and not enough computer / data guys in the paddock in the States. Give it ten years and no one will know how to do anything without it.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Whoever did that picture needs to go back to photoshop school because that's some suck right there.

F@ck the BSB!

Hoffman900 likes this.
  16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

IMO, in motorsports parity is making sure that diminishing returns keeps the wealthy team(s) from dominating. As others have said, they are gonna spend the $ no matter what - it just needs to be worth less time. It’s making sure that performance variability every weekend due to track, weather, and other differences is enough to overcome gaps so that u end up with a bunch of diff racers on the box. Maybe the ultimate goal is 9 winners in a year like GP. IMO, It won’t happen in MA because of the talent gap. But it’d be nice if Toni/Cam got 6th on a bad day instead of 3rd because the midfield was able to keep up.

ts199 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't see that article as hitting back and pretty sure Bice doesn't work for MotoAmerica.

18. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

MA had 7 different riders on the podium this year, with 4 winners (Josh, Cam, Toni, Scholtz) and 3 podiums (Gerloff, Rog, Lewis) :Poke:

Over 20 races, doesnt bring much excitement

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Sean Bice certainly does work for MotoAmerica.

lonewrench and Robby-Bobby like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My mistake. Since it showed up on their website shortly after the OP's article not sure how I ever made that connection lol.