1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn millennials.....

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Aug 20, 2018.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If diamonds are on the list, I can assure you they have not included the mini-blonde in the survey.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yeah, but she's blo......

Nevermind.

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:)

Potts N Pans likes this.
  5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I might technically be a millennial but that does not fit my life haha. I golf two to three days a week, definitely do dinner dates, but I don’t do cruises or diamonds. But I do believe a big difference between myself and most people my age is, that I grew up at racetracks around a very different group of people.

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

One of my favorite movies!! Blinkin:crackup:

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

ANYTHING with a phone app.
    Craft beers.
    Energy drinks.
    Bad face hair (re: men).
    Multiple tatoos.
    Anything grab-and-go.
    Dates using Uber and Lyft.

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

blackened naked wing house wings... really good.

9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

It was never a Hooters.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Really?

12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

We get blamed for fucking up a lot of stuff, but lets be honest for a second...

Hooters sucks, and there's a handful of b@@b places one can eat that didn't exist in HOoters prime time.
    Diamonds are lame... they aren't rare, they are overpriced, and we're hip to it.
    Cruises are meh. The next time I want to float around on a feeding trough catching norovirus, I'll look one up.
    Marriage... well, nuff said with this crowd. Plus we all grew up with half of our parents being divorced.
    Golf... meh

Now on the larger ones...
    Home ownership... the economic crash hurt a lot of folks chances of buying homes at an earlier age. Couple that with the insane cost of college these days, and you have kids graduating with more debt, looking at lower starting salaries, and rising home prices after the bottom in 2008. It's economics, and has nothing to do with the fact that home ownership is less popular.

The trades taking a skill hit. All I have to say is that we were told from day 1 that a college degree is the best way to prosperity. While it was a total crock of shit... we were spoon fed that line from k-12. So you have the largest group of people in the country all jockeying for a white collar job, when the real money and financial prosperity was likely sitting in the garage. I wish I knew then what I know now, but we didn't have shop, or apprenticeships where I grew up.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Kolbe, Wingnut and mpusch like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...if guys that initially took the trade route can work towards a college degree (many have), then college grads can go the opposite direction. It's a matter of choice.

stk0308 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. dickie doo

Sure it is. I'd argue that it's a far reach to graduate with a business degree after you're in debt, and going to a plumbing apprenticeship in hopes of making good money in a few years.... after you've been in school for 4 years.

I do see it happen, but it's not as common.

The alternative is likely easier to stomach financially, and logically.

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Millennials are older than 18-24 now and isn't really a catch-all for "get off my lawn" anymore.

Didn't we already have a "Hooter's wings are garbage" thread on here not long ago?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think a lot depends on the degree and the motivation. It you spent $100k on Dead Languages, you probably made a very bad investment.

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

lemme just say this, since its at the forefront of my plate lately. i've been on a cruise when i was a pre-teen, it was fun and i had a good time. for a while now, my mom has been talking about treating our family to a family cruise (me, my girl, my brother and his wife and 2 kids) to have a good family time together since we don't do stuff as a group too often. we're going to alaska next year on a cruise for a week. just regular ass rooms, and a few regular type excursions on shore, no helicopter rides or anything wild. with airfare, activities, the cruise... i wouldn't be surprised if she ends up dropping like $30k. granted its alaska, and there are cheaper cruises to the carribean for sure, and its 3 rooms and 7 of us, but still... even as a couple if me and my girl were to go? $8-10k for a week? there's a lot more other vacations that are rad as shit, that you could do for $8-10k. hell, me and my girl could literally take 3-4 rad week long vacations for that money. and the cruises that tour europe ports and shit are even worse and MORE crazy. i guess if you're really into it, being on a boat? its cool? i know i'll have a good time and all... but from the "millennial" perspective, its a total waste of money. gorging on buffets and some live show tunes? i wouldn't be going if it wasn't free, i'd choose something else. or shit, i'd just fly to alaska and rent a car/4x4, go whale watching one day, and then just drive around.

it doesn't really make sense. all of a sudden its like, being wise to things being financially stupid or bad quality are wrong... like we're expected to just be mindless consumers and shut up and keep bullshit companies afloat.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was thinking.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm assuming you're flying everyone to the west coast and rooms before and after and all that. I've done a few cruises and even with a balcony its never been more than 3-4 grand for both of us including the bar bill.

20. dickie doo

I love Alaska, and I love boats more than anyone else you'll meet. I still can't fathom cruising that place, and being limited to "exploring" with the helo, hiking, fishing tours they offer. Tack on that price, and it's cringe-worthy.