1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn incompetent thieves...

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

...tried to steal my bike the other night. I just replaced the engine so I could try to sell it. Now I have to get their butcher job fixed so I can sell it. Damn it! Why couldn't they have just taken it and totaled it? I would have been better off! It's an '01 TT600 (was worth maybe $3500). The first engine blew and I put nearly $1000 into it to try and sell. I have no idea what I need to put into it now. I think I'll be forced to part it out at this point. I'll be lucky to recover the $1000 bucks I just put into it! They even broke the lock on the gas tank! WTF for? The cop said they may have put something in it out of spite. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone know how much a new gas cap lock and ignition switch cost? They also cracked the side fairing as well as the nose to get to the wiring so they could try to hotwire it. I have full coverage, but is this something I need to pay a deductible for? Will my insurance rate go up as a result? This will be the second claim this year. The first when an uninsured motorist rammed my truck. :confused:

2. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

Don't know about the replacement parts, but as for insuance you will have to pay your comprehensive deductable. I had my '73 Nova broken into 3 times and filed a claim all 3 times, my insurace never went up.

3. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Um, try calling your local parts dealer for prices and then uh, maybe your insurance company to find out if you need to pay the deductible? Just a guess.

4. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

load it in the back of your truck. Take a few friends with ya. Go to a remote road and push it out the bike...at about 60mph. Call in insurance comp for a claim. It's just the otherside of insurance fraud.....but that's your call.

5. Beer Slut

Yeah, thanks Sherlock. It's Sunday my time (not a good day to call the insurance company) and I'm just curious about others' experience. Good input though. I'll try that tomorrow.

6. Beer Slut

The police already wrote a report, but I would've loved to.

7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

F#$&ing crooks!!! :mad: I hope everything turns out ok for you...