1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Airports

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Aug 3, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The team is going out to Cresson for the August endurance race and are trying to get our logistics together.
    Can someone in the know comment about DFW vs Love Field -- Are both basic and serviceable? I know Love is a little bit further, but that seems like the one with better flight options.
    Thanks. --dave

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Be careful if you use DFW because it's surrounded by toll traps. And it's only slightly closer maybe IF you use the toll roads. Dallas love is much less crowded and easy to navigate. Worth the extra 10 minutes drive IMO

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DFW is okay but like Joose said, tolls all around.

The layout of DFW is weird but it's basically idiot proof once you get there.

pjzocc and In Your Corner like this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Flown in and out of both. When given the option, I prefer Love.
    One bonus is not having to go thru Ft. Worth. :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    CMRA 270 likes this.
  5. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Love is MUCH easier in and out...but DFW is somewhat closer. I live right at Love...60 miles to the track.

Let me know if I can help in some way.

6. dsapsis

Toll roads? WTF?
    Love it is. Thanks all.

V5 Racer and CMRA 270 like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can check out, but you can never leave.

8. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Rental cars are also typically cheaper at Love. Taxes and fees are lower as well.

9. dsapsis

Is that how Californian's keep messing up Texas?
    (Don't shoot me; just going to race...hence...airport :D)

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's like they have a patchouli thumb or something...instant hippie.

11. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

There are toll roads coming from both airports. You don't have to use them, they are mostly shared toll roads along 183. You can choose to use them based on how backed up traffic is. I would just choose the airport with the best price/flight time. Take 183 to fort worth and DO NOT GET ON I35, just take 820 around the west side of Fort Worth and go to Cresson that way.

CMRA 270 and panthercity like this.
  12. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

And we have Uber in DFW. They can not pick up at DFW Airport though, not sure about Love Field.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Texas loves toll roads. Even the shit roads that are barely paved seem to have a toll section on them anymore. Worse than Florida.

pjzocc and In Your Corner like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That must have changed. My wife just used Uber from DFW airport today and I know my kids have used it when going to college out there.

Regarding the toll roads, it is easy to not get on them, I haven't for the past 4 years, when going out there.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I like the 75 mph speed limit on some of the highways.

16. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Given the minor differences in distances to the track...I'd just opt for which one you can get the cheapest fare into. Have fun at Cresson...are you running the 1.7 only, or the other, or both? I enjoyed my trackdays years ago there. Fun place.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Have fun. Cresson is my favorite track for some reason. Nothing spectacular but I really like it and seem to always have decent pace there.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Which to a lot of people, seemed to be the minimum suggested speed.

-jim

CMRA 270 likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth. I was running 80-85, I know I was passed by cars doing over 100!

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Flew into DFW on Tuesday and back out again yesterday. No complaints, just as I've done a dozen or so times before. Haven't flown out of Love since DFW is closer to my company office.