1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dainese 2 piece zipper repair?

Discussion in 'General' started by superkain, May 7, 2018.

1. superkain

superkain Well-Known Member

The stop was ripped off of the zipper used to mate the jacket and pants of my Dainese 2 piece. The local shop says they will have to replace top and bottom zippers with a new one, and then no other dainese parts will mate up to them in the future.

Question is this: where can I get this repaired with the same (re: Dainese compatible) zipper?

Thanks, all!

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Send them to Barnacle Bill, have him put good strong zippers in them, be happy :D

3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Have you contacted Dainese in California? They have a leather worker in house that does repairs.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hell, for something like that I'd just replace the stop. I really done think they have to be specific, but just set to the proper length so that the teeth engage properly from the start.

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I will say, however, those do look a little light-duty for what I would typically associate with a zipper designed to keep a 2-piece suit together......

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly what I was thinking. That looks like bare skin waiting to happen.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep Bill will put some heavy duty brass zippers in there. Had him replace the front zipper in my Vansons, the zipper may outlast the leathers.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

9. superkain

superkain Well-Known Member

I haven't spoken with Dainese, directly. I did talk to Anthony's and they quoted me $140 for a dainese zipper.