1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cutting a sproket cover

Discussion in 'Tech' started by novice52, Feb 20, 2003.

1. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

what would you use to cut a sproket cover with? i want to keep the cover/speedo (its for a street bike) but want to go gp shift so all i need is a little extra space. thanks

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Moto-Dremel?

What have you got - a 636? I just saw a photo of some guy who just bought one and had to cut his cover to set it up for a GP shift pattern.

Rodger

3. Trickle X

Trickle X Instagram-regalmetalworks

Yeah the 636 or rr needs to be cut or taking off completely for gp shift. I havent played around with different linkage yet, but I am sure there is a shorter arm that will work instead of cutting the cover.

4. RacerTech

RacerTech Well-Known Member

If you have an air compressor, a cutting wheel is always handy to have a round.

- RT

5. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

thanks

i have a 2002 zx6r, i'm not rich enough to have a new bike

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Trickle,

Let me know what solution you come up with. I won't have my 636 for another 6-8 weeks, so I would like to reap the benefit of you solution.:D

Thanks!

Rodger

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All the newer generation Kawis have the same problem. A hacksaw works fine if you don't have anything fancier.

8. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

I used a cutting wheel and it did a clean job. You cant even notice that it is modified. I only removed what was neccesary.

9. championr

championr Well-Known Member

I just got a new dremel and I love it. Cuts anything, and has lots of neat little sanders to finish nicely as well...