1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Cafe bike builders out of the Chicago area?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk518, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Is anyone familiar with this product/builder?
    [​IMG]

Marc16S1000rr likes this.
  2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

It might be one of the guys I know, not sure. I'm checking through my photo bucket, bike looks familiar and I think I know the event that pic was likely taken at.

Why?

3. Usually not a fan of that style but that's a nice looking bike.

Hawk518 likes this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Exhaust would look better going under the engine...jus sayn.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

That pic was Road America, '14.

Why? I came so close to buying that bike that day! :)
    Now, I am looking to trade/give up on the DRZ and I was thinking way to deep into bikes that I had liked, and this one, I recalled.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It would probably provide a cleaner look. But that bad as is.
    If we are playing the what if game, I remain partial to the RS125 seat. :)

Edit - or any new stubby, RSV4, CBR1000RR, R1

Britt likes this.
  7. Scotty87

Thought so. Rockerbox area.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

2015 R1 seat/light combo.. Yeah..:)

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

A lot of weird / cool contraptions come out of the wood work for that AHRMA event at Road America.

10. Scotty87

It was a much cooler, much more weird event when it was held in Riverwest and not in conjunction with the AHRMA event.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It was actually the AMA round. I don't recall AHRMA being part of it. But memory fades. :)

12. grasshopper

AHRMA at Road America is the weekend after MotoAmerica, 2nd weekend in June. Not as big as Barber AHRMA but still pretty big

13. grasshopper

Was that the event they used to do at Delilah's on Lincoln right south of Diversey? That event was awesome but it got too big.

14. Scotty87

No, that was the "Half Fast" event. Also awesome.

Rocker box suffered the same fate. Just got too big for the neighborhood. Shame, it was the coolest thing, and nothing else like it. You could walk up and down 4 blocks in the hood and see 6 different Ducati singles, then bump into a oiler GSXR done up real well parked in between a cool hand shift Harley and a custom Moto Guzzi. There were choppers, but only cool ones that got ridden. No stupid ass 30" front wheel bullshit with flip flop paint jobs. Everything there was rad.

Add in the towny bars, the crazy locals, the shitty metal band playing in the intersection... Man, it was such a good time.

Everything got spread out and sterilized when it moved to RA. The neighborhood and everyone riding their own shit to it made it what it was. The bikes that were parked on streets by people just at the show were as cool as the shit in the show. And the location being what it was meant no trailers, everything in that show got ridden in. So cool. Eh, I'm depressed now.