1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CUSTOM BARNACLE BILL SUIT OPPORTUNITY FOR A 10.00 DONATION

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Oct 1, 2019.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Oops sent a check but forgot to mention for the suit. Name is Dorn, Chris. Thanks for doing his Bill.

2. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Check in the mail.

3. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

chris dorn, it's Ok we'll know. thank you for helping. b bill and darethea

dobr24 likes this.
  4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

The Czech is in the male!

5. barnacle bill

Only 3 more weeks until the suit drawing! Looks like it's going to be a small turnout . Guess that will make favorable odds for those in it. Someone is going to get a custom set of BB leathers . Thanks! B Bill and Darethea

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hi Bill and Darethea! We are Fred and Adrienne, @fastfreddie, @Yzasserina, continue to bang that drum! As you know, racers have the attention span of a tic! :)

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Never used venmo. People can vouch for it?

BigBird likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I set up an account just to participate, it wasn't painful, but it would have been easier to mail a check. Daughter uses it all the time when she and friends go out to reimburse for Uber or whatever. I don't have a need to do that.

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Check it is. Thanks Rick.

10. barnacle bill

several checks are showing up and being registered daily . I can't do paypal or venmo ( I can barely point and click) and I'm sort of partial to a paper trail . You know about teaching an old dog new tricks? That's me . It's less than 3 weeks left to the halloween drawing for the Barnacle Bill Custom Leathers . Now you guys know I have a lot more sand in the bottom of my hourglass than I do at the top and that sucker is screwed to the table sooooo ........ Logic dictates ( I got that from Spock) that there are not very many more suits coming from this old dog . Come on and join the clan and donate to the band . Make building this suit something special for me and for them and you too . a ticket is less than a meal at Mickey D's . Don't put it off. Send that donation in and get registered . Halloween will be here before you know it .As good as the odds are right now I'd like to get into it myself ( I've lost weight and my leathers are hanging on me now can almost get into my old Lou's Leathers suit again ) but it probably wouldn't be ethical . I am told the Venmo is working fine though. Uh Mongo I understan you have a Venmo account? the best to all B Bill and Darethea

11. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I shared this on a Facebook page that a lot of the AHRMA guys visit. I almost didn't so I would have better odds, but I feel like that wouldn't really support the cause!

Shawn Smith and BigBird like this.
  12. barnacle bill

Thank You . It's all about helping the kids . I'd like for it to bring in as much as it can . We need more people sharing this with their friends . thanks, again. b bill

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

venmo is just a offshoot of PayPal hooked up to a bank account so it's cash transfers to people. no fees, etc.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't do paypal often either. I've had an account for years and might have the PW...somewhere. I'll look...someday.

15. Shawn Smith

Shawn Smith Member

Donation sent. Thanks for doing this Bill and thanks for everyone who’s donated.

16. barnacle bill

Thank You . If any of you know any drag racers , Bonneville riders or flat trackers tell them also. we need to get more people involved . thanks, b bill. and darethea

Shawn Smith likes this.
  17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Bill the "sand in the hourglass" metaphor brings to mind a guy who we had to repair a crack in one of our bathtubs. He finished the job and said, "I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that repair comes with a lifetime guarantee. The bad news is it's for my lifetime, and I'm 75."

18. barnacle bill

I can relate to that. that is an excellent story . thank you. b bill

19. barnacle bill

I shared the results of the bands competition today over on the wera facebook . Go check out what these kids have done! b bill

20. barnacle bill

well turnout is really low on this suit drawing so far. If my math is correct odds stand now @ 120 to one between 23 donors . This could change for there is still a little over 2 weeks to go now. I'm going to build a suit for whoever's name comes out of that bucket. the best to all b bill and darethea .