1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Master Cylinder ruling. and other zx6r brake question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Trainwreck, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Are aftermarket master cylinders still illegal for WERA Superstock?

My bike has been setup to be able to run WERA and CCS events. For CCS, Brembo/Magura/Galespeed etc. are legal for pretty much all classes. I know that in the past (found a thread from 2018) WERA has said they aren't legal for SuperStock.

Checked the rulebook for SuperStock and this is the only thing i'm seeing in regards to brakes.

l) Steel braided or Kevlar brake lines may be used. Brake pads may be changed. Rear rotors may be modified however must still remain functional. Front rotors may be replaced but the replacement must be the stock rotor for that machine or 100% the exact same as the stock rotor including material.

I know there is that little excerpt at the end that states if the rule book doesn't specifically say you can do it, then you cant. That's absolutely fine with me, I'm not wanting to argue about it. Rules are rules. Just looking for the right answer here.

Next question... I have an 09 ZX6R with stock calipers and rotors on the forks.. Can I switch to 13+ Calipers and rotors? the 13+ calipers use 2 pads each instead of 4.. this makes swapping fronts easier. (these god damn 4 little pads just flop around in the caliper) The 13+ rotors are slightly larger though. This is again legal for CCS Supersport (~superstock equivalent) under 6.1.2.B Stating that brakes can be upgraded to current model specs if using older model.

Again, just asking for clarification. not here to argue. I have a lot of parts lying around and i'm just making sure I can set up whats best for me within my rule set. I have a CCS round before my first WERA round of the year so I don't want to have to swap everything back if I don't have to. This is my 1st year with WERA and 2nd year racing/tracking bikes. (raced CCS last year)

Thanks guys!

PS. i know i could just do all this and run Superbike.. but I want to run as many classes as possible on race weekends. lol I just want to go as fast as I can, and getting into more races is prolly gunna help me more than anything.

2. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

Both those things are illegal. Must use stock master and calipers. No updating from newer models.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes they are... thats not going to prevent you from racing the class... just increases your chances for a DQ.

Trainwreck likes this.
  4. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

Hey @Mongo ,

This info is still accurate, right?

I am planning on trying racing next year and have an SV with a Brembo MC. I wouldn't be able to use that in LWT SS?

I also found some CBR 600rr brake calipers for a good price. It would be illegal to run those in Superstock, right?

Thanks,
    Will

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct.

William Schneider likes this.