1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cummins Techs

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Doubt that. The epa and feds...yes

The dealer will fix it at your cost and will not warranty or stand behind the work most likely.

2. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I’m not even sure what state he’s in but I can confirm that the dealers near me in MD will not have a deleted vehicle in their shop.

3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

In Florida.

4. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Not sure how a dealer down there will handle it, obviously you’ll find out Monday.

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

My 2016 GMC Duramax Denali HD is still stock, 66k miles to date and I replaced the oem batteries today. Recently they’ve been kind of unimpressive cranking the big girl when she was outside work in the cold all day. Went back with AGM batteries with 30 CCA more each battery.

Hate to say anything good towards the truck but it has been a very good truck to date. No repairs, basically nothing to report. It is garage kept so I’m pretty sure that makes them hold up better than the ones left outside in the open in the weather.

6. Ducti89

Omatter, do use the exhaust brake at all? I try and use mine once or twice a day to ensure its in good working order.

And fwiw, i have almost 78k on mine that was deleted at 40k miles. Its a ‘16 for reference I bought new.

cav115 likes this.
  7. omatter34

I tow with it quite a bit, but not daily and also try to use the exhaust brake pretty often. Got away from having the brake on all the time in the last couple months and do wonder if that had anything to do with this happening when it did.

8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why guys delete their trucks while still under warranty.

My 2015 Cummins has only given me 1 problem and dealer took care of it.

roy826ex likes this.
  9. omatter34

I did it because the research I did suggested that the longer a truck is left undeleted, the more likely is to experience major issues after the warranty period. I deleted mine with about 55k on it and had not had any issues, so I figured it was worth the risk.
    Not to mention, now I don't have to deal with DEF, regens, and it is just overall a better truck to drive from throttle response to towing.

cav115 likes this.
  10. tony 340

And polluting the same air we all breathe.

Not my scene bro

baconologist likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I suggest you educate yourself before making another comment like this.

Knotcher likes this.
  12. tony 340

Sounds like you may want to educate Yourself instead.

Taking a truck that had good emissions and then removing them does a disservice to me, you, our kids and our grandkids.....not to mention mother nature.

I'd suggest you take a trip to China if you really want to see why vehicle emissions laws were started decades ago.

13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The problem with current diesel emissions technology is uneducated owners and operators.

tony 340 and roy826ex like this.
  14. Ducti89

My warranty expired at 40k. I have a shop that helps me with at cost parts. I bought this truck with the intention of putting on over 500k miles. Im diligent about the fuel filters and oil changes. I run an additive through the fuel system and on my tuner, it unlocked 5th gear on my 68fe trans which will save 6th gear, even tho i dont tow anything heavy. I dont want to jeopardize my investment because of carbon credits that will go to some 5th world nation’s corrupt government.

15. Ducti89

Well, if the dealer replaced the dpf when it clogs up Id be game. But they dont and that cost is over $2500.

16. Ducti89

And until China pays carbon credits to a 5th world nation and spreads their wealth, im not game.

Havent there been two major volcanic eruptions that spewed more pollution in 5 seconds than my truck will in 100 years?

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

We have no rules LOL

omatter34 likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

Are you going to offer to pay up for all the repairs DEF systems cause?

These systems are complicate and cause a host of expensive issues, people are taking them off for a reason. Not because they just feel like it.

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

sounds like 1979 in here

20. 418

418 Expert #59

You sound like you know exactly what you're talking about.