1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crutchlow Out-Cals Himself

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Sep 9, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

well if you say it every race, maybe it may happen. what do they say, even a broke clock is right twice a day :D

scottn likes this.
  2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Good on Cal for calling out Fenati during the post-race presser though. I think these guys are being too diplomatic!

MELK-MAN and crashman like this.
  3. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

Cal is the pace...maker.

Potts N Pans likes this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. Regardless of what you think of Crutchlow he pretty much hit the nail on the head with his comments on the Fenati incident.

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Happens all the time. People wont call out their peers because the are afraid what others might think when they go against their own. Seems like the US Open just had a similar situation.

It is about being cool, popular, or a team player. With the internet/social media now, one never knows when they might get caught up...so you might need them in your corner.

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. vance

vance *

Was fortunate to be at Misano to watch the race. I’m a fan for life. Cal crashed on the Q2 cool down lap and then throws a tantrum while reviewing the Q2 results on the jumbo screen right in front of us. He’s a character and I’m pretty sure he understands this is a “show”. Heads out on the warm up lap doing the “get pumped up” arm raise to the crowd. The stands went nuts.
    It was my first GP and there’s lots of stuff you don’t see of these guys. Some of them are real characters.

MachineR1, Laz, motion and 2 others like this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

LMAO. Best trolling idea I’ve heard in a while. Cal is a cool dude, I bet he’d laugh his ass off too. Someone make this happen!

8. SGVRider

One of the few dudes with personality and some cojones. He won’t win the title, but I’d love if it happened. On the other hand, a few years ago I’d have said he and Dovi were equally matched and look at that dude now, he’s a real contender. With the right circumstances Cal might do it.

I said it once in a previous thread, my admiration for Cal was cemented when they asked all the riders what they looked for in a woman. They all said some political BS like “a good personality” and then Cal says “a nice bum, Lucy’s got a nice bum.” Cal is one delusional crazy ass dude sometimes, but he says whatever he damned well wants and has an actual personality. I really don’t know why people get so offended when he spouts off. I’ll take his “I could’ve won if I’d had Jorge’s seat plastic, Rossi’s tank, Marc’s swinging arm, and a line of coke” shit any day over the mindless platitudes other dudes rattle off.

Some of these poor bastards have been groomed for so long to spout corporate BS I’m not even sure there’s anything real under it. I hope Cal really does race in MotoAmerica once he’s tired of GP.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

10. SGVRider

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.