1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRF100 Intake/Performance Mods

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by vdub 2.0, Aug 13, 2012.

1. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

i have a 04 crf100 that i have just picked up it has a FMF powercore 4 exhaust. I had posted about the idling issue i was having and the back firing during deceleration. I plan on buying a 38, 40 pilot jet and a 100, 102, 105 main jet to tune it. Today I did some basic maintenance on it like changing the oil and cleaning the air filter. The air filter seemed to be pretty dirty but i have seen much worse (during cleaning some of the foam on the dirty side started to peel off and it will need replacing), i was wondering what is the most efficient air intake mod? I would like to maintain the oem air box but do must people just hook up a uni filter right to the carb?

also some silly questions like is the bbr rev box worth it of just a gimmick?

[​IMG]

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I got a K&N for mine. Put a couple holes under the seat on top of the air box with those foam plugs I had leftover from a previous project.

If you want a cool ignition for the crf... there is a rotorless one from kitaco for around $300ish. or you can get the kitaco clutch setup. :D

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Rotorless or is it the outer rotor kit?

Stick with the stock CDI. It works really good.

4. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

You going to keep using it in the dirt or turn it into a mini racer?

24mm carb wakes things up a bit. The old Honda ATX200 carb does nicely if you can find one.

If you are going on road a pod filter helps a bit with the larger carb.

5. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

classic honda has a lot of aftermarket parts for the 100.
    I used the cdi and coil from them along with the 24mm carb w/no air box
    went up on the main. it was a good upgrade for the money, cdi and coil was 100.00

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

show up at the track,(any) with a modified bike and your stuck in the group of racers that usually always have deeper pockets than you and your rendered to chasing your own pocketbook around the course!stock bikes resell easier also.

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

:stupid:
    The largest class in our club is the stock class. Had 25 bikes take the flag at one of our races this year.

8. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

besides it's a whole lot more fun knowing your outriding the guy you just got around
    rather than motor around him.

9. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

The bike is for my girl friend she will just be doing a little trail riding and around the pits at the track. The modifications I will be doing are removing the air box snorkel and the back fire screen( pic below) adding a UNI filter and properly rejecting the bike for the FMF pipe and air box modifications so I purchased a 38,40 pilot jets and 100,102,105 main, I also purchased a +1 front sprocket because I feel like the bike is over geared. Once the parts come I will let you guys know how she is!

http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=2060