1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crf100 carb settings?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by vdub 2.0, Aug 12, 2012.

1. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

i just picked up a 04 crf100 last night and it doesn't idle and if i go to take a turn and dont bleep the throttle it will cut out.. I just wanted to know if there were basic carb settings like 2 turns back from all the way in or anything like that to give me a base line. I have yet to take the carb out but the bike is MINT, it does have a FMF powercore 4 and could it be that its not jetted for this exhaust? thanks

2. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

I just went through the same thing on an 03 XR100. I put brand new jets in it and it solved the problem. I had cleaned the jets, but they were still a bit restricted. I believe the baseline setting on the fuel screw is 1.5 turns out.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

with a pipe you need at least a 102 main jet at sea level. Thats with a stock filter. Modified box you need at least a 105 main

4. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are two pics, one of the choke and one of the screw I've been messing with. Is the choke on or off in the up position? And how many turns should this screw be? Thanks for your help

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The choke is off, and that screw is the idle adjustment screw. take the carb off, clean it really good. Blow air through all of the holes. The screw on the bottom is the fuel mixture screw. That should be set between 1.5 to 2.5 turns out. To set it the bike should be set to a fast idle. Start turning it out until the idle gets rough, then turn it in until it gets rough again, then turn it out until it idles fast and smooth. Sounds to me that your pilot jet is clogged. It is usually a 35 or 38. That is pretty small so it doesn't take much to clog it.