1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crf100 brakes question

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by speedracer170, Jun 22, 2017.

1. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

So I finally finished my 100 build and feel like the brakes aren't right after installing EBC shoes. I've had to adjust the cable a lot just to get them to grab, is this normal with the EBC shoes?

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The ebc shoes suck... The brakes suck in general, but they really suck with the ebc shoes because they are thinner.. Use oem or ferodo they are thicker and work really well.

speedracer170 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how old is the cable? If there is any age... replace it. I replaced the cable on mine that looked ok and got ~10mm less play after it was all back together. Also +1 on ebc shoes sucking.

speedracer170 likes this.
  4. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

Comparing the OEM and EBC brake shoes and the EBC ones are much thinner like you said, guess I'll throw the OEMs back on for now. As far as the cable the bike is a 2013 so the cable shouldn't be stretched out that much yet.

5. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

EBC are a no go as been said here. They are smaller than worn OEM brand new. New OEM cable and new OEM shoes. Then you have all the stopping power that horrible little useless drum can muster.

6. sharky nrk

I rode at the kart track the other day and the drum housing was so damn hot it would sizzle from the sweat dripping from my forehead while checking pressures. Initially it can get you stopped with a well sorted stock setup but after a few laps she so heat soaked......

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

one could drill vent holes in the drum to dissipate that heat...lol. It helps significantly in a 10 lap sprint race! :D
    On endurance racing... a larger lever on the rear drum will help as well.

8. sharky nrk

^^ I have thought about trying to do some kind of venting of the hub to accomplish that but am a bit apprehensive about attacking the thing with a drill bit lol