1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crazy jig's un-employed everything must go sale!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by jigmoore, Mar 30, 2007.

1. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

lost my job last week....yep, got fired. screw 'em.

i'm tired of the automotive mfg/eng/quality rat race. we are scaling down to live on one salary (debi's) and i'm gonna sit at home and eat bon-bons. someone please catch me up on the story lines on all the good soaps...

probably gonna:
    - refinance the house
    - sell the rv
    - transfer the lease on the durango through swapalease.com
    - sell the boat
    - the fz1 will probably have to go
    - i hope the new r1 (trackbike) doesn't have to go
    - better be able to keep all the dirtbikes
    - definitely keep dad's v-max

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Is Deb on the auction block?

3. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

why, if you get the milk for free.....

4. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

How old are you?

5. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

6. Putter

It's odd that you post this anyways. I have been tired of retail auto parts for a while now. Kept going to work despite having air filters thrown at me by drunks and some dude actually attempting to fight me over a wrong part (he gave me the wrong engine code). So I get a call from my old district manager asking to come in for an interview where he now works managing 6 auto parts warehouses that sell strictly to dealers and wholesale outfits. We work out a deal and I give my two weeks at the other job. My boss at the old job actually wants to come work with me. So, today I get a call that my two weeks aren't needed and just to leave. Apparently the folks at the old job aren't real happy with the old district manager stealing employees. You try to do things the right way.........

I shoulda beat the crap outta that dude. But he did say something funny.

"Step up sister, I am gonna whoop your ass right now."

7. Putter

You are kind of like a hero to me, Jig.

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

ive got a spot available as pit bitch... i pay with beer. :D

like i said before.. im sure things will work out :)

9. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I'll get you a job.

10. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Bon-Bons and beer !!!

11. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

if you don't mind the cold in winter, there are plenty of jobs North of the border in Alberta. They can't get enough workers here period!!!

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Darn those typos...

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I'll keep the V Max fer ya, I have 4 other Yamahammers to keep it company.... :p

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

and MAD money too! almost everyone i know is out there

15. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

You were not at GM by any chance..were you? Good luck!

16. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Moonpie, please dont tell me that you work in "hell" also? I work at the Hyundai plant also

17. wdavis009

wdavis009 Well-Known Member

Fired or laid off? Damn near impossible to fire someone anymore in the automotive industry. It takes at least 12 months where I work, and even then it is not easy. You can get laid off at the drop of a hat though. If you did get fired, what the heck did you do?

18. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

"Fired" is such an ugly word.

Sounds so much better to say Jig was "Banned from his job". :D

19. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

The problem with the US auto industry is guys from Alabama asking guys from Mi, if they work in the same plant.:Poke:

20. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

fired. very typical reaction in automotive mfg for a plant mgr to fire the quality manager when he doesn't know what else to do. it also takes the attention of him. it's like giving an electrical component the fonzi (banging on it like he did the jukebox). just stir stuff up and see if it fixes itself.

i'm salaried in an at-will state. they said my mgmt style (after 3years there) didn't fit. by the way, i got a merit based raise out of the blue about 5 months ago while they had a wage and hiring freeze going on. no reviews in the three years i was there. i made a very clear point to tell him it is not right for a person to get fired and not see it coming.

he has promised to get me a 3-month severance....but i don't know how much i trust him now to follow through with that.

lmao!!