1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR500- Road Race bike

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JTRC51, Aug 31, 2015.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

WELL DONE!!!

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

My parents moved to NC this year. I’m visiting them in June. I’ll let ya know what I think. Been to SD multiple times so have some frame of reference.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[​IMG]

2020-07-03.png

jhj.png

Had to take matters into my own hands and get this done myself. Frame at the polisher getting mirror polished. When the springs come, gonna send them to Superbike Unlimited (hopefully) and finally get the TiN stuff done on the shock and damper so I can move on. I've literally tried like 5 people, either people don't get back to me, or their coating guys are out cause of COVID... something so stupid is proving quite difficult to get done.

In other news... got a Banshee Martek frame and tank being made, R6 shock/swingarm on the way to bolt right in. Got a set of Astralites. Still got my Ohlins/Attack/Brembo front end from the supersingle. Let's get it on!

SpeedyE, NemesisR6 and trussdude like this.
  4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Question their dyno results on instagram........you'll get somebody.

This bike is gonna be absolutely bonkers and I love it.....

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  5. Sweatypants

lol that's a great tactic. trying not to start a business transaction out with hostility though haha. and another one this week. trying to get a shock off bobblehead for the Martek, posted here, nothing, posted to FB, he responded his still has it... DM'd him that i want it, reposted on the FB thread twice... no answer. i don't understand people these days. Maybe i'll just pay the extra $400 and get one from somebody on ebay who actually likes selling things to people. Or call TJ or something.

at least i took care of the Ti springs myself. and the dude was amazing to deal with. i want to test them when they get here next week to see how close the QC is on the rates, but otherwise it was the best transaction ever. if i had the specialty tools and felt confident about taking apart and rebuilding the shock and damper, i'd get the TiN done myself too. super annoying how much time i've had to waste. yayyy motorsports industry!!! haha

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

7. Sweatypants

Martek. And Banshee/RD motor.

Dude is making a batch right now. Current one uses R6 front end and complete swingarm/rear to keep costs down on a build. He's also making a batch for RG500 motors.

8. Sweatypants

While I wait for other things... swingarm for the Martek frame coming together here. Soon, will have to figure out who we're going to get these Astralite wheels from an OW01 in there.

20200715_214838.jpg

20200715_214909.jpg

20200715_235326.jpg

20200715_214952.jpg

20200715_215057.jpg

20200715_235224.jpg

SpeedyE, trussdude and NemesisR6 like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wow, very sweet.

10. Sweatypants

a preview...

Frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I love this thread so very much.......

SpeedyE, boxcrash and Sweatypants like this.
  12. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

I think we all do!

boxcrash likes this.
  13. Shervin just called and said this thread sucks. I’ll sure he will offer up a free consult. Beautiful work sir.

14. Sweatypants

thanks dudes. So shock and damper are at Fast Bike today for the coatings and stuff. This happened when dude was handling one of the springs: Collin springs.jpg

One on the left is untouched. One on the right touched. Almost look like its changing to the next color in the color spectrum as far as ti anodizing? but I doubt heat from sitting in a UPS box could have done any of that. hand oils? weird. i figured anodize was pretty much impervious to that kinda thing. i can always redo the electro anodize process myself when they're back, was going to get the whole setup anyways cause i wanna get into doing that, but just thought this was odd.

SpeedyE and boxcrash like this.
  15. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Yeah seems like a bad anodizing job or poor seal job or lack of......... interesting, because yeah, that should not happen with a proper anodizing....I would bet they are not use to or someone did not setup properly/account for Ti

Sweatypants likes this.
  16. Shirvin said all that extra weight from welding is a waste. Keeps getting better, wish I had the time and could fine tune a skill or ten to do a project like this. I don’t get impressed often but this sure does it for me.

Sweatypants likes this.
  17. Sweatypants

spoke to an expert. she says that color change comes from material stress from the bending force of the metal being shaped, and it anodizes quicker in some areas than others because of that. i didn't know it could do that, was interesting to here. i figured the voltage you set was like a ceiling on the reaction when you dipped it in the solution no matter how long it sat there or the composition of it. anyways, getting a redo.

boxcrash likes this.
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Are you going to put this bike in a glass case in the living room? It will be too pretty to take to the track...:crackup:

19. Sweatypants

hahaha yes. and yes. and i've been having that thought. and i dunno what i'ma do about it. take it out every once in a while? get some tags for it and do some shows? stare at it every morning under spot lights?

that's why i'm building two of them. the other one can get boned a bunch and i'll try not to care as much, although it'll also be decently nice. no carbon, no titanium, no crazy dash and telemetry, no fancy pants custom shit. cheap fairings, used ohlins, low level Brembo stuff, R6 swingarm, and those Astralites. the only 2 kinda splurgy things are i got an aftermarket trans and dry clutch conversion kit coming for a Banshee motor (cause dry clutch all the things), and the quick change i guess. that Martek frame saves a ton of trouble and fab time/cost. run of the mill 421cc kit that's sold everywhere. that's what i'm going for. easy to service and cheap to own.

funny thing about that one too... found a company that sells kevlar TZ250 body work like Motion has. the cost from fiberglass to kevlar is about $600 more... which is basically what a decent paint job costs. since i wanted to do a yellow/white/black 50th anniversary scheme anyways, i can just get kevlar fairings and vinyl the rest instead of paying a painter. easier to redo or fix if it goes down... so i lied, there will probably be a little carbon haha. but yea, whatev.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:The good thing is it is pretty rare that a guy wads the bike up so bad that he tears up the clutch and transmission...

But good job justifying the kevlar bodywork to yourself!:D

NemesisR6 and Sweatypants like this.