1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

People can exercise liberty to care or not care. That’s what freedom is.

Racing isn’t safe but here we are, sharing written ideas and opinions with other racers in a racing forum.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's exactly it, most true seniors have been through real shit, fake shit doesn't faze them. They don't need a made up crisis to validate their lives.

FrancisA and sdg like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW the McD's in Belding, MI actually has pretty good coffee, at least the last two mornings.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What happened to Pooh?

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hahahaha that lasted a whole lot longer than I thought it would!

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No one wants to be banned by Pooh.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I saw the article, skimmed it, saw Owensboro, and posted the article due to the connection with MX racing. The end. :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I realized this weekend talking to someone I hadn't met before that them asking if I was Pooh or Sean or Mongo was just too many names for people to remember :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What, nobody cares about Shane?

Funkm05 likes this.
  12. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

? Hasn't covid like wiped out nursing home and assisted living facility populations? If I had a senior in one of those facilities I would be worried. Just wondering how you reconcile this with "fake." Just trying to understand.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

By definition if they are in a nursing home then they likely have medical needs beyond what someone was capable of providing at home. In other words....no one is dying of this that wasn't already ready dying.

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I was agreeing with you.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope it has not. Not any more than the flu does every year. Sadly they're at risk from viruses especially those that lead to pneumonia. The flu has also hit pandemic levels on a regular basis.

16. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Are you saying they are not based on actual information?
    I have doc friends that work at these facilities. I haven't actually asked them but will...

17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Not all are in the dying process. You might be thinking hospice.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am saying that other viruses have gone through these facilities just like this virus is and done as much damage. I will however also add that not all the deaths are due to this virus in a lot of the instances where they blame it for killing a bunch of people in one place. Another thing you're not seeing is the recovery rate of those in the facilities where they get all excited about the majority of residents testing positive.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    JCW likes this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why is this so hard for some? We are all dying. Perfect health is only the slowest form of it. People try to talk themselves into not believing they are but if you have made it to a nursing home you are at the end of your existence, your systems no longer function well enough to keep things from killing you that a 20 year old sluffs off and never notices.

Everything that is dead was once alive and everything that is alive will eventually die. Make the most of the time you have by not sitting around hiding from something that isn't likely to kill you unless you were already half dead to begin with.

Hospice is just acknowledging the event is about to take place. It's about a half step different from a nursing home. Been there, done that more than once.

tropicoz, Rico888, jrsamples and 2 others like this.
  20. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Ok got it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.