1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ah, another unpunished political post to overlook.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed.

And depending who you ask, about 5% develop serious pulmonary disease requiring respirators.

That would be almost 70 people, in PA, just for yesterday.

cav115 likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Irony...

:D

Past Glory and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Careful, you might get banned for quoting that link :D

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

My evil plan is working. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Fonda Dix likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

good point

fixed......

7. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Ventilation with Covid19
    There has been and still is a worldwide rush for ventilators for Covid19 patients. This site was one of the first in the world to draw attention to the fact that invasive ventilation (intubation) may be counterproductive in many cases and may cause additional harm to patients.

Invasive ventilation was originally recommended because low oxygen levels led to the false conclusion of acute respiratory (lung) failure, and there was a fear that with more gentle, non-invasive techniques the virus could spread through aerosols.

In the meantime, several leading pulmonologists and intensive care physicians from the US and Europe have spoken out against invasive ventilation and recommend more gentle methods or indeed oxygen therapy, as already successfully used by South Korea.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Again, what am I deflecting? You choosing to ignore my answer is hardly me deflecting. You really are dense aren't you.
    Mental battle? :crackup: Good Lord.

9. Fonda Dix

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I had seen the article but hadn't read it yet, thanks.

This quote from it pretty much sums up where we are in the knowledge of the treatment of this disease.
    Fun times...

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

What are the chances? Two different articles running the same tired narrative on the same date, Nothing manufactured here.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/i-dont-w...reaking-story-a-stark-reminder-230911334.html

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Is it? Serious question. Did 70 peole go on ventilators in Pa. yesterday?

In Ohio, almost nothing is happening, units of nurses off for a month.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Honestly, there's no way to know. Maybe less, maybe more.

The PA affected numbers are hard numbers.

The 5% is an observed ratio that must have its own probability (say 19 times out of 20).

Basically, if you have to plan your equipment inventory, accounting for people coming off their respirator, 70 people/day would be a good start to estimate your needs.

cav115 likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Most of the dead in NH were living in nursing homes or rehab facilities. These are the very highest risk people
    who you don't want to get the virus. The only way they could get it was to have it brought in by staff or visitors.
    It would seem as though our efforts would have been better spent safeguarding those people rather than shutting
    down society. They failed the very people they should have tried the hardest to help by apparently doing nothing.

Edit: I was wrong, they are doing something. They're appointing people to look into where things
    went wrong so this will never happen again until the next time it happens again.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Stolen from a FB friend.

Today you are part of history. The life you knew in January of 2020 is over. The impact of the changes made during this virus are going to have permanent repercussions that will be felt for decades to come. You have successfully been controlled. Your fears have been controlled, your thoughts have been controlled, your freedoms have been compromised, your liberty has been stripped from you. Government in one motion has decimated your businesses, your livelihood, and you’ve successfully been told where you can go and what you can do and you’ve complied. If this virus has real apocalyptic consequences it might make sense, but it does not. It has a 98% survival rate and with such a minor issue you’ve been manipulated and played like a puppet.

The New Order is here. History has been made, whatever the end goal was in this, it has already happened. The test was a success and life as you know it has changed.

Soon there will be a “miracle cure” it will suddenly appear, and it will save the day. You will be forced to get it and you will comply because you’ve been manipulated. And then the virus will suddenly disappear overnight as if it had never been here and you will have lost something precious and not even care.

Entering Texas last night was almost surreal. All cars must report, numerous state troopers with their light on forcing you to pull off to I guess declare yourself. Are we still living in a free country? Doesn't feel like it.

baconologist and Phl218 like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From week ending 2/1 through week ending 4/11 there were 8600 Covid deaths per the current CDC requirements, 40,000 pneumonia (no Covid or Flu relation), 4800 Influenza (no pneumonia). That's just two of the things you can catch that can kill you...

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just to be clear, I was talking about catching stuff from other people. Is that the case for pneumonia? I know next to nothing about it but I'm skeptical.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which has nothing at all to do with the infected rate and everything to do with who is getting tested...

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No argument there.

...At least on my side! :D

The unknown is the unreported rate, which is likely very high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.